Interesting read

nfh

Long Time Member
The Big Horn Basin Chapter Board has decided with a unanimous vote that it is time for us to resign from the State Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife. We are not taking this move lightly and have actually discussed it for several years. The Big Horn Basin Chapter has sent the state "bail out money" on numerous occasions throughout our ten years of existence seeing the need to keep the state chapter strong. This has been money raised from your chapter fundraiser banquet attendance and auction purchases. Yet, with each "bailout" WY SFW has continually ignored our repeated requests for budget reports, accountability toward spending, and running the organization as a business.
We-cannot, ingoodcnscious; continue to support-an association that spends close to 1-00%-of---- the 70% funds sent in from all state chapter's fundraisers to pay the executive director's wages and expenses. Over the past few years, we have sent requests to the State Board trying to encourage them to drop the executive director position that we feel they cannot afford.
Just recently, the State Board has changed the bylaws. According to the policies and procedures the state requires all chapter fundraiser profits to go directly into the state funds. WY SFW has added the name of the state president and state treasurer to the chapter accounts statewide, taking away chapter control of our 30% earnings for local projects. Thus far, the WY SFW has not earned our trust that we will get our 30% of the money back in a timely manner, if at all.
The Big Horn Basin Chapter members and Board are strong and have always been a leader in the state organization. We believe in the mission statement of the WY SFW, but simply cannot support their way of doing business. We have the opportunity to keep our strong values and ideals and work together toward good wildlife management and promoting youth programs to benefit our community and our future. This Board is willing to stand together for the next year to start over with a new name, new mission statement, and 501c3 status keeping 100% of our fundraising dollars in the Big Horn Basin!
Please plan to continue to support a really great organization with a new name and a new beginning for the Big Horn Basin by attending our fundraiser banquet in the Spring and even more importantly preserving our family heritage. Thank you to everyone for your support!
Sincerely,
Big Horn Basin Chapter Board Members

Mike ~~ ya got all my sympathy as SFW-Utah has milked/welfare tagged us to death! and their High Roller $$$ types keep them afloat.

No doubt Comb Over/Dye it Black, Big Title Bobbette will tell your group how they are simply missing out on the ca$h flow options......and Charity Donations Paychecks.....no doubt flaunt how $$$/pocket interested the Wyo Gov. is (see Wyo Buff Raffle Tag thread)

Total respect for your groups decision to Distance themselves from the Virus of Wyo-SFW.

Robb

PS. for like the 10th Time----when ya gonna post the link for your Wyo-SFW tax report there 'Executive Director' ??

Robb

Just so you know I am not a memeber. I did go to a banquet only cause a friend bought my ticket and said suprisre. I went to it with a open mind but left very very negative about the sfw.

Over many, many years----of my once support of SFW (being a member)and then non support----I have had my azz reamed by those at one time SFW lovers....pick a franchise state membership---

Now, guess what----most everyone of them have gone to the High Side and have no respect for any 'franchise state' of SFW/BGF...

Robb

LAST EDITED ON Aug-24-13 AT 06:32PM (MST)[p]SFW/BGF is the perfect business model for a well spoken person that wants to live the high life.

Looking forward to the new Org, it may be the one to join to support my WY fix.

I'm shocked that WYSFW would not send an accouting of how the funds were spent...

I guess Bob can take a few of those 8,000 contacts off his list.

Good luck to the sportsman in the Bighorn Basin, I'm sure they will do well away from WYSFW.

I've never had any doubt WYSFW exsists in this state solely because they have an Exec Dir that lobbies in Cheyenne during legislative sessions, inferring he represents the sportsman of Wyoming. Couldn't be further from the truth...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom