INTERESTING PAINTING

R

Rackcrawler

INTERESTING PAINTING

I can't believe how much work has gone into this painting. The painting itself is great but as you run your cursor over the people it tells you who they are and provides a link (if you double click) to get more information on each person. This could keep you occupied for hours. Enjoy!

http://cliptank.com/PeopleofInfluencePainting.htm

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

RE: INTERESTING PAINTING

Pretty neat stuff there Tom. Thanks for sharing!

I noticed POS Mike Tyson in there, WTF?? If anything, Mohammad Ali war far and away the better everything, and much more of a icon world wide and a blessing to his race.

Joey

Looks like all types of people, from Adolph to Shakespere.
I'm not that computer literate, but it looks like a lot of work went into it.

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

SADAMN INSANE WATCHING A MUSHROOM CLOUD ON TV!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

>Pretty neat stuff there Tom. Thanks
>for sharing!
>
> I noticed POS Mike Tyson
>in there, WTF?? If anything,
>Mohammad Ali war far and
>away the better everything, and
>much more of a icon
>world wide and a blessing
>to his race.
>
>Joey

What do you have against Iron Mike? Did he nail your girlfriend? I wouldn't wish his life on my worst enemy. That poor bastard has been through it all. If only he would have had a little common sense. Oh well. Great athlete no matter how you look at it unless you're too young to have seen him in action. You're mad Iron Mike is there but Hussein and obl is ok???

Pretty interesting picture. I cannot believe how many of the people I recognised.. Must be getting pretty old.

LAST EDITED ON May-30-09 AT 07:57AM (MST)[p]Sage - I also noticed Tyson in the painting and yes Ali is much more iconic, but Tyson in this painting also appears knocked down, beaten, a symbol of a depleted and depraved western culture. The three artists are depicted in the far upper right hand corner, looking down from the Great Wall of China - they are Chinese and you can see that there is a definite Eastern / Chinese bias in the painting. Tyson was one of the first boxers to hold a major fight in East Asia, (his loss to Buster Douglas was in Tokyo) and it was the first western fight ever broadcast in China. You also have to understand that during Ali's days the Chinese government was so oppressive that most of China did not know who he was. So while for the rest of the world he is more iconic than Tyson, this is not so in China.

Also missing from the painiting is any overt reference to Christ (though Mother Teresa and Peter the Apostle are figured) - again revealing the definite Eastern bias of the painting.

Really, the painting itself is not that good and is not even very suggestive or subtle. It is only really interesting because of the internet tags and variety of people.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I like to have an opinion, don't mind stepping right up on this here soapbox and giving it. Seems like others though, have a hard time accepting my opinion for what it's worth, what they paid for it and that it is exactly that, an opinion. Some move on but many seem to like to give me grief. Everybody has to line up and take their shots at ol sage and i suppose it goes with the territory, today it's Zigga' turn.

"What do you have against Iron Mike? Did he nail your girlfriend?"

Tyson is a POS rapist! Is that enough for you? It is for me!

"I wouldn't wish his life on my worst enemy."

Tyson Had All the Chance in the world. You feel sorry for him?
Never mind, i don't care!!!

"Great athlete no matter how you look at it unless you're too young to have seen him in action"

I'm not too young, i'll give him "great athlete" But my take on this painting was similar yet different to as Roy was so kind to also correctly point out, being about how a group of "original" Asian artist's might gather and depict a group of the most influential and creative people of all nations, in the history of the world as they see it. I myself, do NOT give Tyson that!

"You're mad Iron Mike is there but Hussein and obl is ok???"

I'm not mad that your sweatheart "Iron Mike" is included there! From my perspective, it struck my "what's wrong with this picture?" nerve. I believe that Ali would have been a more iconic African American hero individual that possess some of the qualities of others in the painting. Hussein is a prick that needs a bullet but i can see his inclusion in the this pic.

Zagga, You took you shots and i hope you feel better now. Pretty poor attempt i'd venture and i'm disappointed that you bring this weak ass chit agin me but you did and now it's time to get back in line and wait your turn! I've said it before, you and i are bound to disagree. Good luck with you boy, Tyson.

Roy, Well said. I picked up on most of that too but i didn't know of that fight. Thanks!

Joey

Pretty neat. Did you notice how Gandhi is eyeballing that sheep? He looks like he needs a girlfriend.

Bill Clinton but no Monica? How do you justify that?
Some of the figures posted brought out anger or disbelief in me. Maybe that is the point.

Maggie was there but Ronnie Reagan must have been working that day....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I like the cat next to the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings that say "LOL cat, I emms lookinn at ur heads"

BAD EYE THERE eel!!!

I'M SITTING BY THE TV JUST AS NVB MENTIONED!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

LAST EDITED ON May-30-09 AT 06:39PM (MST)[p]HEY Zigga Zigga!!!

WHEN THAT POS TYSON BIT PART OF HOLYFIELDS EAR OFF HE PROVED HIS WORTH TO ME!!!

WHAT A LOWLIFE POS!!!

((( EDIT::: ))) HAD TO REMOVE SOME BAD LANGO!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom