Interesting experiment.....

Lhedrick1

So here in NE Ohio we put corn out for the deer behind the house starting usually after gun season when we aren't hunting anymore. Flip the floodlight on at dark and there's anywhere from 4 to as many as 21 deer. They are only about 30 yards away from the house and we enjoy watching them.

There's always the smaller yearling does/button bucks that get beat up on if they aren't with an "adult". When this happens I usually smack my hand against the window and only a few will typically even acknowledge the sound. They go on about their business feeding and chasing the subordinates off.

But something strange happened. I cracked the window and let out a grunt call. There were 11 does present and almost every single one of them simultaneously jerked their head up and looked towards the house in alert. The same was done with a bleat can. Almost every single deer at the exact same time jerked their head up in alert to that noise.

I can bang pots in the kitchen or crack the window and I might get a few to raise their head.

Im thinking these deer are well ejumicated!

So here in NE Ohio we put corn out for the deer behind the house starting usually after gun season when we aren't hunting anymore. Flip the floodlight on at dark and there's anywhere from 4 to as many as 21 deer. They are only about 30 yards away from the house and we enjoy watching them.

There's always the smaller yearling does/button bucks that get beat up on if they aren't with an "adult". When this happens I usually smack my hand against the window and only a few will typically even acknowledge the sound. They go on about their business feeding and chasing the subordinates off.

But something strange happened. I cracked the window and let out a grunt call. There were 11 does present and almost every single one of them simultaneously jerked their head up and looked towards the house in alert. The same was done with a bleat can. Almost every single deer at the exact same time jerked their head up in alert to that noise.

I can bang pots in the kitchen or crack the window and I might get a few to raise their head.

Im thinking these deer are well ejumicated!
That’s crazy how they know each others own sound

Kinda Like Blowing on a HOOCHIE MAMA In TARDville!

I dont know what a hoochie mama is but I did try one more experiment.

I was listening to Warren Zevons " Excitable Boy". I cracked the window ever so slightly and the deer fled like all get out! No taste in music!

Where's Señor Chang when you need him?

9a7.jpg

Last edited:
Blow a varmit call....works the same. In fact, try some other calls and turn it into a real experiment. :ROFLMAO:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom