Inmate saves shelter worker from pit bull

eelgrass

Long Time Member
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, N.J. (AP) ? Authorities will take three days off a New Jersey inmate's sentence after he rescued an animal shelter worker from a pit bull attack.

Justin Peggs was working off a 45-day sentence for assault at the Cape May County Animal Shelter and Adoption Center in Middle Township when the dog sank its teeth into Kathleen James' thigh.

James told The Press of Atlantic City (http://bit.ly/nWEeCB ) the 22-year-old inmate heard her cries and jumped on the dog, holding it down until the staff could subdue it.

James needed stitches and the dog was euthanized.

http://news.yahoo.com/nj-jail-inmate-saves-shelter-worker-pit-bull-113430640.html

This story begs the question: ARE PIT BULLS GOOD OR BAD???

Eel

Any dog that can, because of its behavoir, get you sued into the stone age is a worthless dog.

I have never understood the need for such an unpredictable dog. I wouldn't be bothered if they killed them all. I cannot think of any instance where I have read something good about that breed.

Might be the reason they won't let you bring one into the United Kingdom. My insurance company won't cover liability on them, rotts or dobies.

Their bad rep is well deserved. I don't trust them and I would never want to own one and live with the uncertainty of someone being attacked.

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-11 AT 06:02PM (MST)[p]Under the comments section Rebecca said.....

"The proper way to get a dog to let go is to stick your finger in their butt. It disables them. May sound gross but when your in that situation it works!!"

Wow! has anybody ever tried this? (besides Zigga).

Eel

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-11
>AT 06:02?PM (MST)

>
>Under the comments section Rebecca said.....
>
>
>"The proper way to get a
>dog to let go is
>to stick your finger in
>their butt. It disables them.
>May sound gross but when
>your in that situation it
>works!!"
>
>Wow! has anybody ever tried this?
>(besides Zigga).
>
>Eel..........It worked on my Mother in Law...LOL

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

I have owned 2 pitbulls. Absolutely the greatest dog i have ever owned, and I have owned German Shorthairs, Labs, Pugs, rat terriers and a Besenji. By far the pit is the most loving, loyal, best around children and home protection you can buy.

I understand the bad hype, but its like anything you own. Its nature vs. nurture. I feel that time and time again nurture will win. expecially when raised in the proper environment with love, being around other dogs, and constant human contact.

Truth be told i have never met a badly behaved or violent pit bull. Stay out of the projects and you guys might meet one you like.

You probably have the same biggoted views on a particular race of people that historically have a higher rate of violent crime?? Its nurture guys, not nature.

I was going to say that the inmate should get more than 3 days off. But, I found on the net that he was in some sort of work-release program.

From the web..."Justin Peggs was working off a 45-day sentence for assault... Peggs is participating in the Sheriff Labor Assistance Program, which allows him to complete his jail time by working nights or weekends for the county.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/...esshelterworkerfrompitbull.html#ixzz1ZsYneDE0

So, now I am sorta mixed on the deal. I also ASSUME that somebody got really beat-up for Justin to get 45 days.

I am presently looking for a dog and have been checking out the pound, half the dogs in there are a pit bull or pit X. What a waste. I am not fond of a pit-bulls.
John 14:6

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-11
>AT 06:02 PM (MST)

>
>Under the comments section Rebecca said.....
>
>
>"The proper way to get a
>dog to let go is
>to stick your finger in
>their butt. It disables them.
>May sound gross but when
>your in that situation it
>works!!"
>
>Wow! has anybody ever tried this?
>(besides Zigga).
>
>Eel

Cough. Splutter. Yes. Not me but I was present when a similar incident happened. Works with people too!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom