Info wanted on hunting wyomings area 2

• Thread starter mywifeishotterthentiffany
  • Start date
M

mywifeishotterthentiffany

Would like to know if access is easy and are there alot of hunters? Are there decent bucks in the area?? What would be the best town to stay in. I kinda like the small towns for hunting out of. How about trespass fees? What is the land like?? Thanks for any info.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

region A area 2 Thanks for point that out.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

No help here------

Totally sorry bud.

If ya want something on Region G or H or LQ 102.....reach out and I can give ya some intel.

Maybe AWLB has something for ya on Region A?

Robb

I'm in the same boat as Robb. Southwest corner and into Central Wyoming and that's about it. I have been told that the Eastern part of the state has a lot of private land but it's a lot easier to draw those tags if you can arrange for places to hunt. Keep asking. Someone will know that area on here. It's generally a good place to pick up some information. Ignore the critics that say "if you don't know the area don't put in for the tag". Thank the good Lord I didn't adhere to that kind of thought process or I wouldn't have hunter 90% of the areas I hunt now. Good luck.

It's always an adventure!!!

You will find that in Wyoming, the areas in the West, S.West into central Wyoming and north are very hard to draw at times due to everyone wanting public land to hunt on. Some areas have draw odds down in the single digits.

Eastern Wyoming is mostly private land and better draw odds, but you face trespass fees to hunt that private land.

Pick your area, then contact the chamber of commence in towns in that area. Most of them will have lists of ranchers that allow tresspass and most times can give you a ballpark figure what those fees are.

You can also find out the phone number of the local warden from the main office in Cheyenne and make contact with him and most times they will give you good infromation to find a spot to hunt that fits in your budget with a rancher.

When I was hunting wyoming i was still in law enforcement and I would go into the local sheriff,s office and talk with several officers that were hunters. They were more then willing to point me to good hunting and sometimes i even got free trespass or very reasonable fees in the Eastern part.

RELH

Okay, mywife...I guess I can say I'm familiar with Area 2.
Question for You to start:
Would You be looking to hunt Muleys or Whitetail or both? Very generally, there is a different approach to be taken in the Area as a whole for each type of Deer.

Rump

I saw that the is national forest in that area decent bucks both mule and Whitetails. Would love to hunt big mule deer if anyone would be willing to pm me some info for an area with public land to hunt. Can be in any region. Not looking for your honey hole but a good area for Muleys and land to hunt. Thanks for all the help guy's!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom