Incredible Bear Hunt Video Northern Alberta

C

cory3344

Hey guys i just put together a short video clip of my 2011 Spring Bear Hunt in Northern Alberta. I am looking for feedback and tips as to how to make it better and what you guys think. If you guys could take a look and post some comments on what you think. It would be much appreciated!

Here's the link:

Thanks Guys

A Real hunter would of used the Bow!

WTF are you doing pulling it behind the Truck?

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

We were completely planning on shooting it with the bow but it never gave us a good shot. It came in and then came to our tree. We've had many bears stand at the base of the tree and then simply go down and eat but this one kept climbing. If you listen very closely, it was actually a mistake. When the bear got to the top of the tree i actually said "Shooo" to try and simply scare the bear but my partner thought i said "shoot". We wanted to scare it so that we could shoot it with the bow but things got outta hand.

The reason we were pulling it behind the truck is because it was too heavy to load into the truck and we didn't want to gut it close to the bait so we drug it a little ways down the cutline where we gutted it and then loaded it.

I appreciate the feedback.

Draggin them behind the Chevy huh?

I'll bet Taxidermists charge Triple for that!:D

So?

Is it legal to Bait & use a Gun in Alberta?

Yeah we didn't like having to drag it but it was the only thing we could do to get it loaded after. It is legal to both bait and hunt bears with a rifle in my particular part of the Province. We were not planning on taking any bears with the rifle this season but we made a mistake and took this one for safety's sake. We ended up taking 3 more bears with our bows this spring as well from the same bait. Have them all on film just haven't put them together yet.

Not being Smart!

Just wondering what the Rules were!

The clip kinda surprised me!

I seen the arrow,then BOOM!lol!

How much did it weigh by the time you got to the end of the cutline? lol

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

OK!

You asked!

I gotta tell you what I think!

To have Bears in that good of shape in the Spring,You've been settin out PicNic Baskets for quite some time!:D

LAST EDITED ON May-30-11 AT 09:38PM (MST)[p]Pretty good other than the narrator reading from a script, crappy music, cluttered bait sight, shooting a bear out of a tree with a shotgun, and dragging it with a truck 'cuz your scrawny azzes couldn't lift it 3 feet into the bed.

I'm with everybody else, pretty tasteless video. Nice bear, I'm gueussing 6'6", maybe 250 lbs, but obviously you are some very inexperienced bear hunters. Next time take some rocks in your pocket, throw your gum or make some noise, we've done just about everything with bears coming up the tree. This bear was not being aggressive, just really curious. Don't get me wrong, I would have shot that bear on the ground before it made it to the tree. Just learn from this and you can avoid any trouble next time.

I don't want to ruin the bear hunting in alberta, but the hair and the weight of those bears is awesome. Just got back from a trip myself, we all shot great bears, shot great bears there in the past, all have had perfect hair, and the boar I shot this year actually had about an inch of fat on it.

Not bad. I don't blame you for shooting it at all. I also thought you only had bows. The gun shot scared the crap out of me. lol I wasn't expecting that.

I would probably edit out the dragging part, or at least explain it on the video. I was left wondering what that was about. Put him on a piece of plywood or something if you plan on saving the hide.:)

Eel

Yea, I didn't understand the dragging it behind the truck bit either. Wasn't integral to the story, plus it just looks bad. Maybe film some more after the shot with the shooter explaining WTF happened. Get some of that adrenal filled excitement on camera.

I didn't mind seeing the bear being shot by a gun but the rest of the video went downhill from there quickly. Can't imagine 2 guys not being able to load a 300 pound bear in the back of truck. Seeing him turned into a sled was more than distasteful.

You're not awake F'er!

I think the one was a Gal,or was it?

+ 1 with everybody above. Looked like a garbage dump, and the tow job was not needed and at the least shouldn't of been filmed.

BOPer
Yeah I'm not totally awake yet, late nite. I'm fairly sure the second person was a gal. Still don't make the draggin right.

F'er!

Just checkin to see if you are awake this morning?:D

It's not like you to miss a Chick in the woods!:D

Sorry Boys but if you can drag that bear with just you two, you should be able to load it also rope out half it in to the truck bed then lift the other half into the bed.If you had the camera person help it would be easy to lift and load. IMO

Next time put a broom stick in the stand and use it to push the bear away. It works good for that.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I have to agree I was enjoying the amateur video, and I can say I probably would have shot her too. It's a shame you didn't get her with the bow on the ground before she started climbing the tree... I kept thinking, "Why aren't they throwin somethin at her to get her to drop", then BANG!!!

Watchin you guys drag it yourselves in the Sepia Format was kind of funny and very relatable to most outdoorsman, then you tied her up to the truck and started riding her- distasteful to say the least... Can't imagine ruining such an amazing hide, let alone posting it like that was cool.

So here's a few things to work on:

Not reading a script, getting the kill you want, and then showing respect for the harvest once it's done. Keep postin...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Anybody wondering about the cluttered bait site, well i'll explain a little bit. At any one point in the season, i have anywhere from 5-10 different bears visiting my site daily. Thus, i have two huge barrels and a plastic garbage can that i fill completely every second or third day. I bring in anywhere from 4-10 5-gallon pails of bait every time i go and the stuff i use is rotten and stinks worse than you can imagine. Thus, i leave the pails there overnight so the bears will clean them out and they don't continue to stink so badly. If i didn't have as many barrels and bait pails at the bait, the bears would clean it out overnight and be gone. I'm just going to assume that majority of the guys on here are from the States and don't do a whole lot of bear hunting other than guided trips up into Canada. Anyone who has hunted bears for a couple seasons and setup a well established bait would understand the work and amount of bait required to sustain this many bears. Please don't insult my intelligence when it comes to hunting bears. When it comes to setting up a well established bait site, there is a lot more involved than just putting bait out there and making a game out of it.

The bear was right around the 6'6" mark but a lot closer to the 350 pound range. This year alone, i had numerous encounters with many bears over the 300 pound mark.

I liked the video. Nice bear and nice work. Next time I would not show the part dragging the bear behind the truck. I don't really care that you did drag it behind the truck. But I would not show it in the video, call it "editing"

And yes most of the guys on here are from the states and don't really get your style of hunting. Not claiming that I really do either, cause I too am from the states.

Nice bear though, no rubbed spots (other then the belly, lol), I would have shot it for sure.

Next time if you are trying to just "shoo" the bear, maybe use another word, or phrase like "hey bear." But you probably thought of that already.

Like I said, I liked the whole thing overall though.

>Anybody wondering about the cluttered bait
>site, well i'll explain a
>little bit. At any one
>point in the season, i
>have anywhere from 5-10 different
>bears visiting my site daily.
>Thus, i have two huge
>barrels and a plastic garbage
>can that i fill completely
>every second or third day.
>I bring in anywhere from
>4-10 5-gallon pails of bait
>every time i go and
>the stuff i use is
>rotten and stinks worse than
>you can imagine. Thus, i
>leave the pails there overnight
>so the bears will clean
>them out and they don't
>continue to stink so badly.
>If i didn't have as
>many barrels and bait pails
>at the bait, the bears
>would clean it out overnight
>and be gone. I'm just
>going to assume that majority
>of the guys on here
>are from the States and
>don't do a whole lot
>of bear hunting other than
>guided trips up into Canada.
>Anyone who has hunted bears
>for a couple seasons and
>setup a well established bait
>would understand the work and
>amount of bait required to
>sustain this many bears. Please
>don't insult my intelligence when
>it comes to hunting bears.
>When it comes to setting
>up a well established bait
>site, there is a lot
>more involved than just putting
>bait out there and making
>a game out of it.
>
>
>The bear was right around the
>6'6" mark but a lot
>closer to the 350 pound
>range. This year alone, i
>had numerous encounters with many
>bears over the 300 pound
>mark.

I do a lot of baiting here in the states , and none of my bait sites look any thing like your video . All of my baits are some distance from any roads , and I couldnt even dream of getting a 55 gallon drum any where close to the baits . I do understand what your talking about on the amount of bait , but for me its easy I walk in with a big bucket and then I walk out with a empty bucket .

I have no problem with any body using a gun , I'm more of a bowhunter myself when it comes to bair baitin . I did find the bear sled a little distasteful though . I'm sure with age and experience you will find these things out for yourself though .

keep up the good work though .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom