Impressive

That's pretty cool! That elk had no idea he was dead. He just passed out and dropped. I agree on the shot angle though.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-14 AT 07:27PM (MST)[p]I saw that video on Bowsite and the animal bleeding out quickly while standing right where it was shot was impressive. However, IMHO those are stupid shots with a bow that can easily go bad. He got lucky and probably hit a main neck artery or vein or possibly the aorta to get that type of heavy external bleeding. I guess that was one of those deals where they say it's better to be lucky than good! I think he should have waited for that bull to get broadside or angling slightly quartering away like it looked like would have happened if he hadn't jumped the gun and shot when he did.

To each his own, but I agree with TOPGUN, that is a very poor angle with a high probability of a lost animal. I remember on a hunting show, Stan Potts doing the same thing, also lucked out with a dead animal, then asking viewers not to be mad at him for shooting an elk front on with a bow.

I realize preaching ethics is a lost cause, but I can guarantee I teach my kids and grandchildren that a front-on shot with a bow is not exceptable if you hunt with me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom