Imagine my shock

C

CHWine

To see a wild pig in our vineyard this morning. We're to the east of Ukiah and seldom do we see these things over here. In Anderson Valley and parts of Sonoma wine country they have them much more.
2202pig.jpg

Anyway, I'm out throwing some valves getting ready to fire up the pump when I see rooting by a wet spot where a valve leaks. Back to the house for my rifle and after 20 mintues of looking around here he is.

Usually this time of year these things are pretty skinny, but this fellow was missing something: his nuts! Someone probably cut this guy a while back and either let him go or he recently broke out of someones pen. Either way, he's one mile from the nearest neighbor and causing damage so BOOM!

He didn't stink a bit. Gonna be a great eater.

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Great Feeling throwing out pigs and bucks in the grapes.....( to all us poor hunters out here!).

Nice hog - He is a perfect size to eat. The best eating hogs I killed were between 80 - 100 lbs. and I would take one that size over a big hog anyday.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom