I'm soooooo lucky!!!!!!

Well,.....I have a D9 tag, but simply because you consume WAAAAAY more Budweiser than I do, I suspect you will have more fun than I will!

Good luck on that hunt!
Don't shoot a forky, or the "MM ethics police" will rip you a new azz!

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

I have a D6 tag......I think we should have "Dink Buck" contest this year. Smallest buck wins a case of Budweiser.

I WAS SO LUCKY IN THE CALI DRAW........I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF TWO D7 TAGS. I AM SURE THAT IF THE FROG STUDIES SHUT DOWN THE DEER SEASONS THE DEPT. OF WILDLIFE WILL REFUND ALL OF THE TAG $$$$$$..............RIGHT !!!!!................YD.

>I have a D6 tag......I think
>we should have "Dink Buck"
>contest this year. Smallest buck
>wins a case of Budweiser.
>
I want in on the contest but I will have to use a previous years pic since I drew a G37 tag this year. hahahahahhahaahha

A highly coveted "D-7" tag for me.
With only 9,000 tags issued, it will be like I'm the only hunter in the woods.
I'm holding out for a giant 4" forkie, unless a 3" forkie steps out first.

You guys aren't lucky. I got a letter from the DFG or GFE or WTF or whatever they call themselves now telling me that I have the option of MANY of the most coveted tags in the state. I'm conferring with Mossback now on what to do.

Paul -

You lucky son of gun. I seem to recall you drew this tag before and lightning strikes yet again! You must have deer tag jesus on your side. My first thought was the same as Eel's as I wondered if you were hiring a guide or if it's going to be a DYI hunt. Regardless of your decision "Congratulations" Way to go!!

Jim

"Our house is protected by the good lord and a gun, You'll meet both of them if you show up uninvited."

THE MONG (SP)POPULATION NOW OUT NUMBERS THE DEER POPULATION IN D-7........THE NUMBERS ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY..........YD.

c5, At least you get to hunt. I been on a few trips in that area and though i only did really good once, i had high hopes most of the time and saw some really neat country that ought to have a lot more bucks in it than it does. Good luck!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey, Don't let C5 fool you!!! Next week he'll be in the Rubies with his bow chasing bucks!! He also has a statewide archery tag for Utah and will be chasing bucks in the Wasatch throughout the extended season. The only reason he is holding a D3-5 tag is so he can spend some quality time with me chasing some local bucks!! It's just too bad he had to pay the non-resi fee for a mediorce tag. The funny part was when Ca Fish & Wildlife called him to make sure he was a Non-res due to the fact they still had him listed as a Resi!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-13 AT 05:10PM (MST)[p]Tes, All i can say is that you must be one heck of a good hunting pard to have, him wanting to come and chase bucks with you at that expense. Wishing you guys luck goes without saying! Pic's, Pic's, we need some pic's this season guys! Please post em up and lets hear about your adventures.

That reminds me: I remember when my Grandpa was still alive but to the point of not being able to get out and hunt anymore. I used to go a bunch, was always going or coming from some hunt or trip of one kind or another. I always made a point of getting my Grandpa caught up on my adventures afield though. I think he loved our sessions of my telling the stories to him in his living room almost as much as if he were there on the hunts with me. Maybe he was on the hunts with me. Grandma was usually out in the kitchen doing one thing or another but she too was listening to every word said and was thankful that i took the time to stop in and catch up with her mate. Now that i think about it, I think she was right there with us too!

Now i'm getting to the point where i'm like my Grandpa was. Maybe i can't get out and go like i once did. Like grandpa though, i still like to hear, see the "picture" in my mind of the hunts. Don't give up your secret spots and do keep some info close in to the vest if you so choose but this year guys and gals, let's hear some good hunt reports. Grandpa's and Grandma's everywhere will love you for taking the time, i know mine did!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I too have one of the coveted D-8 tags and will leave next week for my OIL hunt. Now, I have done this OIL hunt a few times over the years but I have yet to seal the deal on one of these premium bucks. Last year I believe we saw a total of 14 deer in 4 days and two of them were bucks that were smaller than the forks in my kitchen drawer.

We've scouted a few deer this year but all of them are a few forks short of a silverware set so hopefully we'll find the vast number of bruisers that are known to frequent this zone on opening day.

For those of you that weren't lucky enough to draw this amazing hunt, go to Walmart and buy a tag, there's probably still about 6,000 left!

Paul, my post was full of sarcasm as the only thing about D8 that should be Once In a Lifetime is that I should have only hunted it once in my lifetime and never went back! Archery starts August 17th buddy!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom