If the credit card is right, I now have 17 moose points, but

C

chukarhunter

I'll have to console myself with drawing the Alton CWMU tag. I don't want to get too excited until I see it officially from the DWR, but I have a charge of $163.

Maybe this will "console" you. (you may already know this) That tag has been known to bring over $10,000. (At least that is what Utah Representative Mike Noel said in a committee meeting at the legislature this year.

Well if you got that tag, congrats. I hunted it in 1999 and had the hunt of my life. Fun time, lots of bucks, and great people. They changed it up a bit since then, so you may go guided or unguided, depending on another draw. Not sure if they still do that. Anyway, guides are awesome guys and the placce is first class.

Yelum

I went on a doe hunt there one year and there were big bucks everywhere. I'm sure if you were to put the time in you could get an exceptional one.

My brother drew the tag last year and I spent the week with him. It was a hunt of a lifetime. If you drew you'll have a fantastic time.

Smokepole

You guys are both low on your $ guestimates for the price of the tags. Have fun on your hunt. There is no place like it in the world for mule deer. Maybe not the largest deer but it's deer heaven for sure!

It should be guided. I have a good friend that is Wade Heaton's cousin. They have done a good job in keeping me from getting discouraged. I had 15 deer points, so I figure I am due.

t

DEERBEDEAD, Are you still caping out the bucks killed there. I remember you making me feel awesome about my buck when you caped it.

Yelum

Deerbe.....I've heard of the Heaton tags going for over $15m what price are the LO tags bringing?

I am a 2nd or 3rd cousin of the Wade, Andy and Brent (can't remember), and I am sure it is guided. I went to high school with the Heaton kids. Great family. Awesome area to hunt. 180 plus buck in the bag easy.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Yelum,
Still remember your buck, and visiting with you and your buddies. Glad I got to meet you way back when. Still caping a few of those monsters every year too. We're in a new nicer shop now, with a lot more room.

I know with the tags on the Alton CWMU, Wade has taken the tags and reduced the number of trophy tags he sells, and his hunters have agreed to pay a higher price for his hunts, in trade for less deer being taken of the ranches. This makes the amount of money that comes in stay the same, but less deer being taken equals better bucks. Sounds like a good deal to me. I'm not sure if Wade wants the number he gets for his tags published, but I can assure you it's more than $15k. And he doesn't seem to have any trouble finding hunters either.

Paunsaugunt landowner tags are selling on the low end for $8000 and the high end for around $12,500. Depends on how the auctions go and how bad someone wants them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom