If not G3, then which hunt?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Anderson Flat? Round valley? How long is too long to wait for the G3 tag?

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH CLEAN LIVING YOU BEEN DOIN, AND NICKMANS BLESSING TO THE HUNTING GODS ON YOUR BEHALF.

WISZ........THE G3 TAG IS NOT WITH IN YOUR REACH @ THIS POINT...........THE GODS.

Hey.....! Don't ask me!.....I am moving to Alturas and the Devils Garden and starting over as a Virgin!

The G3 needs a serious break.

By the way, the DFG raffle tags for deer and elk are available online now.....along with the NEW bighorn and antelope raffle tags!

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

Anderson Valley all the way.... I think we have 25 rifle tags.... way better odds than G-3....LMAO. Stevo, either wait it out or burn em on an x zone every 2-4 years. Seems them is the only ways to play the points in Ca. I think there are decent to trophy bucks...especially blacktails available with general tags on public land. I plan to hunt the wilderness untill my legs wont carry me and then I'll worry about what to do with my points...JMO

YD- I'm sittin on max points but I could draw next year or in 15. I checked on ebay but the guy who has them. He only has one tag for all of California. It's like one of those supertags but it's good for any species and you don't even have to shoot the animal of choice in season. He only wants $325 for the tag which I think is pretty reasonable. He said he was granted the tag by Fish and Game so I've got no worries that it's not legit. I figure I'll just pay him cash.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

SOUNDS LIKE A SOLID PLAN....LOL. WHEN YOU DO DRAW THAT G3 TAG, I WANNA GO HANG OUT WITH YOU & NICKMAN FOR 2-3 DAYS WITH A PAIR OF BINOCKS. THATS WHAT I DID IN 2008.....SAW A BUNCH OF DEER................YD.

M-11, true blue trophy Columbian blacktails, probably your best chance at the book in Calif.If your interested in that kind of thing.Or save your points and maybe the dept will throw us a bone one of these falls. How about a early rifle Dixie refuge tag? BH1

M-3 is starting to have realistic draw odds for max point holders,the others still have some dang tough draw odds.So it all depends on you if you want to wait to see if you get lucky in the next 30 years or you want to hunt in the next 10 years or so.

Wouldnt waste my time (or points) on Anderson Flat. Sure, every once in a while a big buck wanders out of the park and gets the meat-missle smack down...but trust me, its mostly a matter of luck. The zone has very few areas open enough to glass so you are forced to cover country on the roads hoping that one jumps out in front of you (that's how most are killed there). Even if you do see a buck, chances are he's moving and, with the brush 15 ft tall, your chances of getting a second glance at a true trophy becomes even more slim. There are some resident, non-migratory deer in the zone, but finding a trophy worthy of burnin max points on would be a real stretch....unless you think a big forky or a solid 20 in 3x3 is OK.

Here's a strategy for ya: You are better off picking another premium zone for your first choice, then, as a second choice getting D-6. That way, if you dont draw your first choice you still get your pref. point AND get a chance to hunt the same area as the Andersen Flat hunt...just earlier...with a bunch of other hunters. If a big enough early storm hits that moves the deer outta the park you're in business. This usually happens every 5-10 years and it becomes a real slaughter up there on Crocker Ridge. The odds of this happening are also far greater than the draw odds for the Andersen Flat hunt! Whatever you choose...best of luck! -HS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom