IDOL, Neil Diamond Week

lve2143

Very Active Member
You Idol watchers, and you know you're
out there, this weeks Neil Diamond week.

Strange stuff, but what can we expect??

Who's gonna sing America ??

Love on the Rocks ??

Sweet Caroline ???

Very, very curious.

lrv

Larry, good to hear from ya. Honestly never watched the idol thing. But Neil Diamond was banned from playing Utah cause he smoked dope. One of my favorites was "He Ain't Heavy he's my Brother" Go figure! liberal commie that I am!

RUS

I just hate it how the judges keep telling the singers that they need to quit being so old fashion, yet they have Neil Diamond week? I'd like them to have an opportunity to sing some good stuff, not just some of this old school crap (no that it's ALL bad).

Neil who???

Now... if they have a Jerry Jeff Walker week, I might start watch'n.

"...up against the wall, you red neck muthers..."

Guess it ain't gonna happen, eh?

I think they need to give the contestants a little more freedom on what they can sing. Some of the singers, like Brooke White, have their own thing going for them and unfortunatly the stuff they have had to sing doesn't give us a good chance to really hear what she can do. And it's the same for others as well. Some of them can sing anything, which is great, but just because Chris Ledoux probably wouldn't do well sing Mariah Carey, does that make him less of an artist? I would just like to hear more of what THEY would want to sing. I think that would be more entertaining.

ELKabong,

My wife and I went to Jerry Jeff Walkers show here about 20 years ago and he was by himself UNTILL he brought out Ramblin' Jack Elliott. That two hour program lasted for over 3 hours and the crowd still wanted more. We diffinately got our monies worth that night.
As for IDOL, I can't stand that slime ball Englishman and I don't watch it, the wife does. I go to this computer instead.

Brian

America/Heartlight/Simon

Sweet Caroline/I'm A Believer/Forever In Blue Jeans/David A.

Love On The Rocks/September Mourn/Song Sung Blue/Brooke

Cracklin Rosie/Kentucky Woman/Soolaiman/Jason

Shilo/Brookly Roads/Holly Holy/David C.

Red Wine/I am I Said/Longfellow Serenade/Syesha

To many great songs to choose from. So I had to pick the three best for each person. The Davids' will shine Syesha will struggle.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I love Neil Diamond. My dad played him on all our hunting/fishing trips when I was growing up. So when I hear Neil I think of all those great trips I took as a kid. How could I not love him?

I went to see Jerry Jeff Walker at Red Rocks about 28 years ago. He was two hours late taking the stage, was stumbling drunk. Broke a string towards the end of the second song, threw his guitar down and walked off. End of show.

Sucked,

BeanMan

Bean,

I hate to hear that, 'cause I like JJW pretty good.

Fred, that was 28 years ago, That means you were only
12 years old when you went to that show.

I bet you had a beer in your hand.

Laro

Brian...
I'd bet somebuddy had ta slap the grin off yer face after that.
Bean...
I'd be willing to bet that happened more than once with JJW...
I had Merle Haggert tickets, we showed up, he didn't, he was drunk somewhere. Doug Kershaw was the opening act, turned into the headliner that night. He put on a kick-butt show.
I still love the hagg though.

Beer at 12?? Freak'n late bloomers! I was into Bourbon Supreme by then... (well... I was into the old man's BS by then... )

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom