Ideas for this season

mevertsen

Very Active Member
I am wondering what some other people might do in my situation.

I am just trying to get a rough plan for this fall hunting wise, and and having a hard time deciding on what to do.

I currently have the following points in NV:
4 antelope
1 cow elk
7 desert bhs
6 mt goat
2 rocky and cali bhs
1 black bear

In Wy:
1 antelope PP

I am getting pretty close to where I should draw an antelope tag here in NV soon, I am hoping this year (in the area I live in). That hunt is in August, so no big deal.

I have killed 3 cow elk, all in September ML, season, and I love that time of year. I just love being in the elk woods in Sept. I have not killed a bull. It also looks like NV might put some bull hunts during the Sept. rut this year in my favorite areas to hunt.

The bear hunt also starts at the same time as the cow ml, and bull ml hunts, but is longer, so not such a big deal.

I will likely apply for October early hunts for deer.

And I will apply for BHS and Goat, just because.

Then there is Wyoming. I should be able to draw one particular area I am interested in with my one point, and was thinking abut getting 2 doe tags as well. The season starts Sept 15th.

So, here is my dilema - deciding on applying for the cow elk ML hunt again (or bull if the season stays as it is proposed), or buying a point for elk here and going to Wyoming for antelope?

I like hunting antelope, though I have never killed one myself, but have been on several successful hunts with other people. I am hoping to draw NV antelope this year, but not holding my breath, and that hunt won't interfere with anything else.

The only other hunt that might interfere with late Sept would be black bear if I would be lucky enough to draw that tag. But there again, the season is longer, and I could hunt any time for that.

If I went to Wyoming, I would take a 12 day vacation, and visit family there as well.

Thoughts?

Marcial

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom