Idaho wolf poached

R

Rodent_ID

what happened to the thread about the wolf that was poached in Idaho? If I remember correctly outdoorwriter posted it.....

scrat.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-09 AT 10:21AM (MST)[p]Not sure where it went, but here it is again, direct from the ID G&F Dept.

Wolf Poaching Citations Issued

An Eagle man has been cited by Idaho Fish and Game conservation officers Tuesday, September 8, in connection with a poached wolf.

Two citations were issued: shooting a wolf in a closed season and shooting from a public road. Witnesses told officers he shot the wolf while standing in the road at the back of his pickup truck.

The wolf was shot about 6 p.m. Sunday, September 6, in the McCall-Wieser wolf zone, which is closed to wolf hunting.

He called the 24-hour wolf harvest reporting line Tuesday morning and reported the wolf killed in the Sawtooth wolf zone. Later that day he checked in the wolf at the Fish and Game office in the Nampa. He later told officers he thought he was in the Sawtooth wolf zone until he looked at a map back in camp Sunday evening.

An illegal take would be charged to the harvest limit of the zone in which it occurred. In this case, the wolf will be taken out of the McCall-Weiser wolf zone harvest limit.

The wolf is a small female, still a pup. Officers seized the wolf hide and skull, a rifle, camera and tag.

The investigation is ongoing and the charges have not been filed with the court.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

IMHO, this is no different than accidentally poaching a yearling on LE or private land. It is poaching in the least offensive manor. Since this appears to be an honest mistake, the hunter will most likely be fined for the mistake. I just hope this incident does note become a sounding board for the anti?s.

The original post was moved to the Bears, Lions, Coyotes, Wolves Forum.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

>How can you POACH a wolf?
>
>
>
>^BIGBONE^

It's pretty easy actually.......

If your water is too cool, the wolf will separate apart before it cooks; if your water is too hot, you will end up with tough whites and an over-cooked wolf. You will want to bring the water to a temperature of about 160-180?F (71-82?C). Do not drop the wolf into boiling water (212?F or 100?C). This will negatively affect the taste and texture of your wolf. As a rule of thumb, bring the water to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer before cooking. To obtain the correct temperature, spin the boiling water with a spoon to cool down the water before you drop in the wolf. I like to use my instant-read thermometer to test the water temperature (adjust heat to maintain the proper temperature).

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

>>How can you POACH a wolf?
>>
>>
>>
>>^BIGBONE^
>
>It's pretty easy actually.......
>
>If your water is too cool,
>the wolf will separate apart
>before it cooks; if your
>water is too hot, you