Idaho Wolf Idea

grizzly

Long Time Member
Idaho failed to reach their wolf objective. I have a possible solution for next year.

I am not an Idaho resident, so a wolf tag would cost me $186.00 (compared to $11.50 for a resident). With the odds of seeing a wolf very slim, I didn't buy one.

I saw a wolf while deer hunting. I didn't shoot it because I didn't have a tag.

Why is Idaho trying to profit off of NR on this issue. They should give a free wolf tag with any hunting license purchase.

The loss of revenue due to wolf kills far outweighs the benefits of wolf tag revenue. They could have thousands of additional hunters ready and willing to shoot a wolf on sight.

Big mistake on their part.

Grizzly

Just a guess here, probably be cause due to political reason's they had to be classified as "Big Game" and not similiar to coyotes and badger's and ect.. cause Idaho has very liberal laws for them. I think they would have every enviro group out there howling... pun intended.

I THINK we have made it so that one (out of State guys) can shoot a wolf, tag it with their deer tag and THEN go buy a new deer tag.....makes it so you don't have to buy a tag that is "probably not going to be used". That is new for next year.

ALTHOUGH, WE HAVE SO MANY WOLVES, IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO SEE ONE.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

For every hunter that saw a wolf and didn't shoot, there were probably 100 others that saw wolves and did shoot. So it didn't reach the quota on paper, who cares? It's probably much better for the hunters that way.

Here is something to think about..we knew were a pack is where we hunt...they got into sheep about 3 weeks before the hunts opened..why not get a early hunt instead of letting the government trapper go kill them.. i realize its cause it was the first hunt and everything. Would it be out of the question to have depredation hunts on wolves?

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

IMO all States should give out FREE predator tags with the purchase of a hunting license. Cougar, bear, wolf, yote, bobcat etc. The big game would benefit and so would the States, especially in the slow winter months.

HK

gb22,

So next year I can shoot a wolf with my deer tag? That is one expensive wolf, $301.00, compared to a wolf tag fee of $186.00.

I still think a small handling fee, like a Migratory Bird Validation or Sage/Sharptail Validation of $4.75, is more appropriate for wolves; and the best way to get hunters in the field.

Grizzly

There is no assurance there will even be a hunt in Idaho next year for wolves. The decision is in the hands of a judge. At issue, is the different treatment of Idaho and Montana wolves compared to Wyoming.

>There is no assurance there will
>even be a hunt in
>Idaho next year for wolves.
> The decision is in
>the hands of a judge.
> At issue, is the
>different treatment of Idaho and
>Montana wolves compared to Wyoming.
>

There better be...they sold me a 2010 tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom