Idaho Wolf Hunt Poll

THE WOLF POPULATION IS DOWN 11% IN A YEARS TIME, WE NEED SEVERAL MORE YEARS LIKE THAT TO GET THE ELK & MOOSE POPULATION BACK. IDAHO F & G CAN GET THE HUNTERS BACK IF THE WOLVES CAN BE TRIMMED WAY BACK...........................YD.

They need to be down 95% before they will ever get my money again..We hunted Idaho for the better part of 20 years and loved it but their prices went sky high and they weren't allowed to control the wolf population until it was way to late..Even if they did cut the wolf pack by 95% it would take years to get their herds back..What a damn shame...This is just a weak attempt to try to encourage hunters to come back...Just my 2 ceants....

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

YOUR SPOT ON KINGFISH........IT IS A DAM SHAME. THE WEAKEST ATTEMPT AT SO CALLED "CONSERVATION" IN HISTORY. DID IT ALL START IN 1995 IN WYOMING......BELIEVE IT DID.............YD.

>
>They need to be down 95%
>before they will ever get
>my money again..We hunted Idaho
>for the better part of
>20 years and loved it
>but their prices went sky
>high and they weren't allowed
>to control the wolf population
>until it was way to
>late..Even if they did cut
>the wolf pack by 95%
>it would take years to
>get their herds back..What a
>damn shame...This is just a
>weak attempt to try to
>encourage hunters to come back...Just
>my 2 ceants....

Actually our populations are still in good shape. I would fare to even say "excellent" in a few zones. We've had a few mild winters and this spring has been fairly wet. It looks promising for the next several years. We see hundreds of deer and elk on OTC units that anyone can hunt every single year. A solid 4 point and a 280" 6 point is doable every single year.

The 1000 wolves still here in Idaho did not eat all of the thousands of elk and deer. BUT, they did chase them around and they are now found in places they historically haven't been. Many of the old timers have given up on hunting Idaho because their honey holes aren't what they used to be, they are often too lazy to scout the next drainage over and find a new spot to hunt. The elk have smartened up in some areas and don't bugle quite as often for the archery guys, but they are still here. I can assure you that, I've got the pictures to prove it.

If you know where Garden Valley is, you could drive through that town this evening and see nothing short of 1,500 elk. If you only saw 900, I'd consider you blind. And that is right in the heart of wolf country...

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he
would have made broccoli more fun to
shoot...

It will take more than a couple voters to turn around the poll numbers. The antis are winning the vote but losing their common sense (if they ever had any)!
God help us all!

Approx; 39K for expanding the quota to 63K against expanding the quota.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom