Idaho Unit 67

O

OSUBeaver

I'm interested if anyone has much experience hunting the high country of unit 67. I'm familiar with the area but have never hunted it. I have hunted similar high country type basins in other states and have been pretty successful. I just wondered if a person got away from roads, high use trails while putting in some time if he might have a chance to bag a buck. I know deer numbers are down in that part of the state. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

we hunted mnt goat in there 2 years ago and scouted like crazy. you will see more mnt goats then deer (doe and buck). rumor is there are big ones up there but we coulnt find them

Deer numbers are not down in that part of the state. There are some monster bucks in there. They picked up a 300 inch set of sheds last year. if you know how to hunt it you should do good. You don't see many deer though. But the deer are usually good if you do.

That's some tough hunting! I did take a good buck out of there about 10 yrs. ago, way in east of Palisades after a snow storm. I tried again several more times with no luck. I would suggest waiting untill after the opening week. Then if it gets a storm you should get up in there and start glassing at first light. Most hunters hit that area the first and last week, and a few on weekends. If you want some alone time go mid.week.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom