Idaho Unit 44

aedude006

I was one of the luck NRs to draw a deer tag in Idaho unit 44 this year. I am very excited for the hunt to say the least. I would love to connect with anybody who has hunted the unit in the past for advice. I would also like to connect with others who drew the tag this year as I would be happy to share what I see as this isn't an area you can hunt year after year... I will likely hunt the first and last weeks.

I was one of the luck NRs to draw a deer tag in Idaho unit 44 this year. I am very excited for the hunt to say the least. I would love to connect with anybody who has hunted the unit in the past for advice. I would also like to connect with others who drew the tag this year as I would be happy to share what I see as this isn't an area you can hunt year after year... I will likely hunt the first and last weeks.
Hi Aedude006

Congrats on a great tag. I applied there myself.
Here’s what’s going on. Year after year the regulars on these types of sites see brand new guys jump on here and start asking for help for a tag they just got. These people rarely ever stick around to contribute to the MM community after getting what they want. They don’t give an update or help anyone else out. So every one has become so jaded on helping new guys that’s it’s almost an unwritten rule you don’t.

My advice is stick around a few months, tell us about yourself, post some stories, pictures help others out and then try again say September 1 and maybe you will get a different result.

Good luck.

Ya, I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole, though I wouldn't be opposed to the information... I'll be happy to post how the hunt goes regardless of my tag getting punched. I was surprised to see there was no forum introduction area. I will post something in the general hunting section. I'll then learn what I can from scouring the forum and web and loop back here for unit 44 specific questions. In the mean-time if anybody else drew this tag this year send me a message. I'd be happy to share information with what I'm seeing while I'm out there!

Last edited:
Hunt early. Hunt high. Also low. This is a hunt where weather is likely not your friend. Significant weather anyway.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom