Idaho unit 42 antelope

idabigbuck

I'm so excited, I can't stand it. My son's first year hunting, (he's 13) and we put in for cow tags and antelope. We drew both tags!!! First time hunting lopes. Drew unit 42 Idaho either sex lopes, and unit 39 cow. We'll get deer tags also.

Any advice on hunting lopes in unit 42? I have hunted 41 for deer a couple of times. For lopes 42 includes 1/2 of 41. Always seen lots of lopes out there.

We'll have a great time no matter what. Any advice for a first time speed goat hunter?

Bringing it back up to the top again.

Any advice, replies, anything?

Any general ideas about antelope hunting?

Never hunted them before, would like my son's first hunt to be a good one.

I've bow hunted #42 for antelope, with success. If it's hot and dry during rifle season, you might try taking a vantage point over-looking a stock dam. This should give your son a good shot at a undisturbed goat when he comes to water. Be awhere of wind direction when you set-up. good luck

Antelope are pretty much the same everwhere. You just drive or hike around until you spot one to shoot(good binos and spotting scope are a must). And then plan your stalk. Or sit by a waterhole as danel491 said.

If you can spend some time scouting before season that will help a lot!

I deer hunted in 42 twice, but about 20 years ago. The antelope will mostly be down on the flats in the more open country.

I hope this helps and GOOD LUCK! We will expect a photo or two!

Steve

scouted 42 last week seen quit a few bucks but nothing over 14" scouted 2 days. saw 16 big horn rams all together what a site that was. i drew a idaho antelope superhunt tag i can hunt any unit in the state. good luck. David my email is [email protected]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom