Idaho unit 39 late archery

Blacktailslayer

So I got talked into going along on this archery hunt? what can I expect outta this tag? weather? size of the bucks? quantity of deer? country? from what I can gather, its sage hills, and I'm prayin for weather? Anything would help guys,

Thanks Blacktailslayer

its hit or miss depending on the timing and the weather. if you hit it right, you will see a lot of game, and you may see some awesome bucks. steep open country, you need to be in shape...

Reguardless of weather there will be lots of deer in there in the end of the season, snow will help push more into there tho. You do need to be in shape, that is for sure. its big country. Unless you have the controlled tag, there is sage and timbered areas that you can hunt in the 39 archery.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer

this is a great fun hunt. i use it as my backup if i dont tag in september. have had great success in past but dont have the patience to wait till then. weather: mornings pretty chilly with warm afternoons. where to look: hunt sage flatts at base of mountains, regardless of weather october rifle hunters will push doe and bucks down for winter. afternoons glass hard in the rimrock shadows you can usually sneak in for a good shot while they are sleeping if desired. find water in peak and pot rut bucks will need water 2-3 times during the day. plenty of big bucks left good luck hope this helped.

Thanks huntfish714! Appreciate the help. Yeah, I've heard that bucks will be ruttin during this hunt, which is great for making them stupid, but now you're trying to stalk 10 sets of doe eyes which makes it tough! We'll see though. I was talking with a guy the other day and he said something about hunting across from the bennett?? hills?? I think is what he said? ever heard of them? don't know if this is something he knows or the entire state knows. Thanks!

blacktailslayer: pm'd back. deepforks: ok deepforks ssshhhhhh....... quiet time. lol just kidding but info's going for $500 blacktailzlayer just doesnt know it yet lol :) by the way hows your scouting going this year?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom