Idaho Ram for 78 year old Jerry

bowhunt

Long Time Member
Jerry Wolz (My father in law) shot this ram yesterday near Salmon Idaho.

The guide, Travis Bullock and his 2 ANIMAL helpers, of Mile High Outfitters were just outstanding!

We made the hike up to the Rams 3 times before we had the right opportunity. It was NOT easy making that hike, but Jerry did it...WOW!

I hope at 58 I can do what Jerry did at 78, just dang impressive.
Way to go Jerry, it was great to be there.

162, and 8.5 years old. The OLDEST and largest Ram we found.

IMG_3610.jpg

Awesome. At 78 and still climbing those heights is both commendable and inspirational.
Congratulations Jerry on your fantastic ram.

Eldorado

Thanks guys. His efforts to get prepared while fighting bladder cancer are truly inspirational.

Bowhunt,
Any sheep hunt is amazing and you were obviously in very good company all the way around! Congratulations to Jerry for accomplishing a great feat!
It appears that Tagalong has some tough genes to live up to! lol
Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on a great hunt and a great ram. Glad to see he is still out and hunting. I know he's wanted one for a long time. Is this the first time he has drawn a tag since 36A in the 90's with Bill?

Joel

Joel,

Jerry shot a California Bighorn in Unit 42 in 1991, 1 year after not getting a ram in the White Clouds.
He has been lucky enough to draw 3 sheep tags in Idaho.

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Tell him hello for me, and congrats again. I killed a ram in the White Clouds in '93 and they were the reason I put in. Haven't been lucky enough to draw that elusive Cali tag ever since.

Damn good job Jerry!

That's a beautiful Id ram. I had to laugh about his mountain climbing. NOTHING IS FLAT IN IDAHO! The Idaho sheep hunting is some of the toughest in the country.

Thanks for sharing your great adventure with us Mr Bowhunt. Tell your father-in-law a heart-felt congratulations on a job well done!

Zeke

Great job, Mike & Jerry and crew!! What a trophy! You guys have done well with sheep the last couple of years!

Mike - did you get a chance to unload on a wolf? If not and you're going back up, let me know.

Neil

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom