Idaho Muzzleloader Antelope

Blank

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-07 AT 11:24PM (MST)[p]Well, opening day came and went, and I'm done. First time that has happened for a while. Looked at about 25 bucks and 200 does today and there was one which interested me. Working overtime every day until deer/elk season in October has my schedule tight, and he looked pretty good to me. I need to work on the old field judging skills a little tho, as he really fooled me good at a distance of 125 yards.

Great classic looking heavy 13"er with almost 7" bases. He was a dwarf with only 7" nose-eye measurement tho, and dressed out at about 80#. I really thought he was over 14". I'm happy as a clam with him, and being early before rut it should be good table fare also. Will try to re-size the pics and get on one here.

Good luck to everyone else out there with a tag.

Congratulations on your muzzy antelope. It's nice when everything happens the way it is supposed to. Can't wait to see the pic's.

Looking forward to my Montana antelope hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-07 AT 10:33AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/46d1aac910ae4fee.jpg

Pretty face and cheeks, with high prongs, just not much horn after the hook.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom