Idaho Moose???

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
I usually apply for deer/elk in Idaho but was thinkin this would be the year to apply for moose. Anybody out there that's used their "once in a lifetime" and is willing to give me some ideas/direction????

Stay away from unit 17. I was back there for close to 4 weeks last year and saw 1 bull about 25" and 1 cow, and WAY TOO MANY WOLVES.

i too, burned mine in 1-1 in 07. for you being a non-res. better odds of drawing up north here. now that they have a 10 week hunt you have a little more time to be picky if you choose to be. very familiar with unit 2, 1-1, 1-3. unit 29 also some awesome country with nice bulls.

Mad, responded to the PM. Do you know 29 well? I hunted elk in their in 04.

Saw one real good bull less then 25 yards. Kinda scared/startled me when he got so close comming from behind me. I'd seen his tracks a few days before and was sure it wasn't an elk but startled me never the less.

Hunted and took a nice bull in 62A last year. Would be happy to share information on that unit in the Upper Snake/West Yellowstone area. The only thing I would warn about is the mags (HF, EHJ) are warning about the wolf predation. The impacts of the wolf on moose in that area are dependent on the person you talk to! If you are worried about that, I would suggest some of the units to the South of there.

Theodore Roosevelt once said, "The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation, INCREASED and NOT IMPAIRED in value."
logo_pub.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom