idaho moose maybe

T

twister

thinking of putting in for1-1 or 1-4 moose hunt size not important but would like a shot willing to do what it takes would also like to scout out the pan handle for future whitetail hunt any info stories pros cons ?

Yeah, put in for a cow hunt. Lots of meat, generally closer to the road, and you can still scout or hunt for WT's. Save your bull chance for when size is important!

Hey I used to live in Coeur DAlene. I saw a bunch of moose while elk hunting around Bonners Ferry. I had a love sick bull 20 yards from me woofing at me and all I had was an elk tag and a bow. That was exciting. He was a monster too - biggest damn animal I've seen in the woods.

In one day, I saw 3 bulls and several cows just south of the Canadian border.

If you want to shoot a moose that's a good place to start.

Don't waste 2k on a cow... That's expensive meat. Pull the tag...then worry about getting a big one. Don't wait as you never know if they will change how they draw tags in Idaho and in 5 or 10 years you may never have a chance to draw. Take advantage while you can on great draw odds.

between the two units, i would pick 1-1. if you happen to draw, hunt me down. have some usefull info. to help you get your animal.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom