Idaho general archery deer down

M

muleymaster

My friend and i packed in and made a base camp then glassed drainages like crazy for a few days recently and had great success. saw about 25 bucks a day with about 5 of them being shooters in our eyes. had a couple blown stalks at 30yds but finally connected on a pretty nice vlevet buck with an inline 5th. only problem was that it looked like the arrow deflected just slightly and we ended up tracking the buck for 1.6 miles before loosing a blood trail. we searched every draw for 2 days, we found the arrow minus the broad head but not the buck. I sat back and videoed the deer as well as his stalk so i thought you guys might want to see it as well as another buck i watched preseason and again with velvet hanging off in season. thanks

this first vid is a buck i call fronts. this is preseason in vlevet. the next video was from this weekend hard horned with bloody antlers and vlevet hanging.

the first video is about 8am while the buck is feeding. the second video is about 1030 mid stalk on the buck. sure wish we could have found him. shitty way to eat tag soup.

Bummer you couldn't find your buck! Hate that feeling loosing one. Thanks for posting the videos. Sounds like you had a really fun hunt!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-11 AT 06:12PM (MST)[p]so youre "tagged" out............right?

nevermind, re-read your post.

Yes, my friend tore up his tag. We are honest, ethical hunters. We just had some bad luck. I still have a tag for later this year so ill be back up in november, december

LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-11 AT 10:05AM (MST)[p]good on you muley master ! a lot of archers tell me

" i stuck two " or "i shot all my arrows and had too come to town for more" ect.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom