Idaho fish and game in thier infinite wisdom!

• Thread starter southeasternslayer
  • Start date
S

southeasternslayer

So I was told this week that we as Idahoans will not be able to purchase "extra" wolf tags. This same agency thqat allows us to buy a second deer tag or elk tag at the nonresident price is not allowing us to buy a third or fourth wolf tag albeit at the nonres price! Does anybody else think this is crazy? our herds are hurting but go right ahead and shoot 2, our wolf population needs controled but you can only shoot 2. My opinion a person should be able to buy as many tags as they want until the season is closed or the quota has been filled.

THEY REALLY DON'T WANT YOU TO KILL THE LIL' DOGGIES , THEY JUST WANT TO SELL SOME TAGS.

>THEY REALLY DON'T WANT YOU TO
>KILL THE LIL' DOGGIES ,
>THEY JUST WANT TO SELL
>SOME TAGS.

ignorant statement.

>>THEY REALLY DON'T WANT YOU TO
>>KILL THE LIL' DOGGIES ,
>>THEY JUST WANT TO SELL
>>SOME TAGS.
>
>ignorant statement.

Agreed.

I guess our wives and kids will have to get their wolf tags and we can take them out to get their wolves....

Many things have been over looked since hunting & trapping have been allowed, it is a new game for them. Lets hope that they can fix this, faster than the speed of goverment. Those that have figured out how to get it done need tags. & they need them now.
If trapping is your method take on a trapping partner. Add his/her trapping id# to each trap & you can each check traps for each other, I took on a partner as I am one tag from being done.
Call the F&G commisioner for your region I will be calling mine tommorow asking that they get us non res tags for residents asap.

yea blindsquirrel, I agree with youon that it is a new game for them and I hope they fix it. like you said those that have it figured out need more tags. I still need to figure it out :)

Anyone who needs a trapping partner, let me know.. we have 4 unfilled tags. We will 'help' you trap. As we dont have the proper knowledge and are not trappers by trade. However the system needs to work.. we will help. Check traps, put out bait, ect.. lets get these tags filled.

My trapping partner caught one today. Both ID number on one snare. We are makn a difference. I had never even seen a snare before November & now we have caught 5 wolves & 2 coyotes.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-12 AT 08:53PM (MST)[p]I think part of the problem with the F&G is that they are worried the wolf hunting will get shut down if the open it up to much. The state is in a constant battle as it is. I understand the desire to kill wolves as there is no love lost between me and any predator, but what we have this year is better than what we had last year.

I don't think until Idaho kills upwards of 600 wolves they will get pressure, or will atleast cave to the pressure. Afterall they already said they were managing for their ORIGINAL promised recovery goals of 250 wolves or whatever the # was. Atleast this is what I hope will happen. But I also don't see us ever taking out 600+ wolves in a single year.

We need to start targeting the females right now, aren't they getting pretty close to having pups here in May or so?

Mike

+ 2 deepforks. and way to go on the trapping blindsquirrel keep it up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom