Idaho Controlled Bull Hunt 60-2 (2035) Help

J

jt00082

I've posted this before...I'm just seeing if anybody else wants to chime in to help me out!

Hey guys, I drew the Controlled Bull Hunt 2035 - Hunt Area 60-2. It is a late hunt that goes 11/1/2010 - 11/30/2010. It is an any weapon tag.

Has anybody hunted this, if so could you help a guy try to get his first elk?

Any help would be appreciated!

Here is a picture of the area I will be hunting!

609960-2_map.jpg

Used to be a real good hunt, lots of wolves and grizzlies.
I got a couple nice bulls just south of Harriman back in the late 90's the last time the controlled hunt drawing gods were on my side.
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

Good luck. my old man had a tag last year. Its a pretty tough hunt we ended up killing one the last day we could hunt.

I will keep my eye out when deer hunting. If we get early heavy snows north of there it can be good.

Has anyone seen my kittie?

8020scott_ralphie.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-10 AT 09:23AM (MST)[p]To many bull tags, too many cow tags, way to many bucks, too many doe tags, and way to many Indians!!!!!! Fill your pickup(or 4wheeler if its a nice day) full of gas and prepare yourself for a drive by shooting. Its only a tough hunt because they've pounded on deer and elk so hard over the years that they won't come down off the mountain to the slaughter any more!!! This hunt is a f#$&*king joke! Excuse me if I'm to blunt!

destroyer350 - it looks like I will have to go up to the mountain to find them then.. ;)

I'm not too worried about the hunt, as several biologists and f&g officers have told me that thousands of elk migrate through my area during November.

I just need to find WHERE the spots are to find them.

I don't know about thousands during Nov.,I think the biologists are full of #####, if you get heavy snow at the right time that "MAY" happen "IF" they don't go to Montana. There has been years when they were lucky to harvest 2 or 3 bulls and hunters wanted f&g to extend the season into Dec. Generally the indians get to pick through the thousands!!!!!

Bring some bolt cutters with you, maybe you can slide one through Sidoways fence!!! LOL!

You may pass through the ranch while you hunt so make damn sure you close the gates!!!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-10 AT 08:35PM (MST)[p]The entire wintering population of elk in the Sand Creek area is not in the thousands. Someone is jerking your chain. You are not going to see thousands, or even hundreds, of elk even if you are there on the biggest day of the migration. The grizzlies and wolves have thinned them out pretty well. You can still find a bull if you hunt hard. Just don't think you are going to be hunting on the Jackson Hole refuge.

Last fall my brother and I were out doing some odds and ends and run acrossed one of our fine young f&g officers, I guess he though we were deer hunting because he went on to tell us how many big bucks there were and that if we did this or that we would possibly get one. = From our vantage point we could see 25 vehicles and I didn't count the ATV's, little did he know that this was the first time I'd seen him or any other f&g officer or biologist out and about all summer, so to agree with Bullelk1 I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch!!!!!!

Good Luck, if you get one post some pictures!!!!

P.S The big migrations were in the early to late 90's, you drew your tag 15 years to late.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom