Idaho California Tag

W

Warren

I haven't been able to post for a few days, but I hit the jackpot! I was the only NR out of 73 that drew the California Bighorn tag for 42-2. This was my fourth year of applying for sheep in multiple states and now I am going on my dream hunt. Any good tips or info about that part of the country would be appreciated.

Congratulations. You give me hope. I don't know much about your area but will be waiting for your success story. Are you looking to use a guide or DIY? There is a guy who does some guiding in Oreanna that can tell you a lot about the area and the hunt. I will get a name if you are interested.

Bighorn,

I decided to try to make the most of this opportunity and hired Jon Barker to guide me. I live in Mississippi, so DIY would be a bit of a stretch. I did hunt in the Jarbidge last season and looked north to Idaho and could see some country that should be similar to my hunt area. I read an article years ago about a hunt in the Owyhee River Canyon and have always thought I would like to try it. I am 39, so hopefully I can draw a desert tag while I'm still able to hunt. My big decision is 300 WBY mag or 257 WBY mag. The 257 is about two pounds lighter, so it is the front runner right now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom