Idaho Black Bear Help

S

speonio

I thought I should put Black Bear in the subject....sorry for the repeat thread.

Well, I believe it is finally time I expand my world and head to the wonderful state of Idaho for a Spring Bear hunt this year. My previous work had me in all parts of Idaho from Couer D'Alene (and tour of Buck Knives factory in Post Falls which was very awesome), to Boise and West to Oregan border to driving from Boise all the way to Pocatello out to Soda Springs to hit the phosphate mines.......and I love that state and am going to start making it a yearly event now that the budget and vacation time will allow it.

I have a question for all you Spring Bear pro's. When I hunted Montana, it seemed like late May was the best time to go, due to snow melt off, access, etc. I plan on going to the very South end of Idaho to bear hunt this year and would think that the best time to be in those mountains would be a few weeks earlier due to being so much farther south than Montana???? Am I way off here, but was thinking like May 10th time frame would be prime time????

I plan on coming back late fall/early spring to kill a wolf as well each year, as I have family I want to go visit out there as well, so will time it to have a wolf hunt and help you guys get rid of those damn things. Can't wait to get to start hunting there.

Any help to this Idaho rookie would be appreciated....

Plans changed a little, will be mid Idaho near Idaho falls for nearest airport for me to fly in. With some family obligations looks like 1st weekend in June is when we will be going since it is farther north and works with our schedules. Very excited and have started hitting the trails to get my mountain legs by then.

To me, Idaho Falls is "southern" Idaho. Not many bears south of there. Draw a line between Boise and Salmon, and bears are pretty thick from there to Canada. There are some bears around the Wyoming and Montana borders in the Upper Snake Region, but if I was flying to ID to hunt bears, I would go north of Boise.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom