Idaho 2013 big game proposals on-line

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-13 AT 11:59AM (MST)[p]
Kudos to the IDFG for at least finally considering cutting tags in 57..I like opportunity as much as the next guy, but there are only a handful of units in the country that are capable of producing 280"+ mule deer, and 57 is one of those special areas if managed a little better.

The proposal didnt say anything about the youth tags that are now valid in 57, I hope they are eliminated.I'm sure the bleeding hearts will think i'm attacking the "poor children", but they can cross the damn road to shoot a two point easy enough. the real reason folks would be mad is that fathers would no longer be able to trophy hunt on "youth" tags in 57..this chit happens a lot.

(now how about a 57 pronghorn hunt every other year :) )

Got my vote in for option 2. Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the post. I don't agree with an increase in either sex deer tags for unit 60-2 from 40 to 400. That is way too drastic for a herd that is making good strides. I would also like to see more wolf trapping opportunities in Island Park, e.g., public land, more than 3 permits. IDFG can stop it as soon as the quota is reached. The quota has not been achieved in the last 2 years.

I encourage all of you that hunt Idaho to review and comment on the changes.

there are only a
>handful of units in the
>country that are capable of
>producing 280"+ mule deer, and
>57 is one of those
>special areas if managed a
>little better.

280" mule deer??? Sounds like a sleeper!

> there are only a
>>handful of units in the
>>country that are capable of
>>producing 280"+ mule deer, and
>>57 is one of those
>>special areas if managed a
>>little better.
>
>
>280" mule deer??? Sounds like
>a sleeper!

280" mule deer???
Is there something wrong with a pisscutter 200" buck?
Not even Antelope Island in Utah has produced a 280" buck.....guess that makes last years 274 and 250+ "just bucks"......jeeeeezust!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom