ID moose question

IDoutdoors

Just wondered what unit would be better at having a chance to harvest a bull moose in the 37-40" range? I was looking at units 66-1, 69-2, or 69-3. I am just starting to go over some of the units and was wondering if anyone could give any suggestions where to start. Are there good moose numbers in these units, average size, access, etc. Or would I be better off putting in another unit? Not asking for any secret spots just some units to begin looking at. I live in Idaho Falls so I would probabily want to hunt a unit wihtin 50 miles or so.
Thanks for the help.

All of these units were excellent years ago but the F&G increased the permits to where we seldom see excellent bulls in 69 anymore. My family have taken 4 bulls from 69 but that was back when there were more good bulls. We do see some good bulls in 66 now and again. Unit 69 is mostly privatly owned which can be a problem.

They have full statistics on the ID fish and game website that answer all your questions including the average spread of the bulls shot. I found it really useful in picking my unit.

Shawn

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom