ice fishing

huntfish714

i know this is a hunting forum but we are all outdoorsman alike and many of us fish also. didn't get much response for fishing on my cabin fever thread so here we go-- do you ice fish? ever wanted to try ice fishing? looking for a good activity for the wife and kids to with out breaking the bank to much? well next weekend on the 19and20 is tackle toms ice Derby in cascade on lake cascade. it is fun for the hole family and be able to have A relaxing weekend. also im sure the ice sculptures are still up in mccall if you haven't seen them yet this year. $10 gets you entered in the Derby for the weekend and $7 to rent a hand ice auger for a day. you need proper fishing license. if you dont have any ice fishing gear and tight on money a regular rod and reel does just fine to. you can have 5 rods per person. cash prizes for adults and not sure if its cash or other stuff for kids but they are FREE to enter. for more info you can call tackle tom at 208-382-4367 or post on this thread with questions info, spots, set ups, etc

arrowrock is fishing well for trout from shore. i saw on a different site a guy caught some big time hog perch. like 13" and 1.5 pounds up at cascade

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-11 AT 06:21PM (MST)[p]ya on iceshanty.com there's some nice ones being caught to. there's got to be some monster records in there this year and is gunma be some tough comp but its still fun and its anyOnes game. do you have any interest in going or are you gunma go? we're gunma try to make it up friday and stake our ice before the crowds come set up our tent and sleep in it and cook our food out there to save some money and Maby give us an edge on the fishing. your more than welcome to hang with us. also ill have to head up blacks creek and check that out bedford summer hits its been a while since i've been up there

Some people suffer from phobias. Mine Would be standing on ice. I got no problems with guys who like to jig through the ice but no thanks. I don't care if you could drive a truck on it....
There was a 3 point something earthquake here in southeast Idaho not long ago. It was centered about 25 miles from the Alexander reservoir. Where the dam sits right on the end of the wasatch fault line. It cracked the ice and it shifted about a foot. I'll bet ya some people some people would have got the heck off there then.

lol ya i will agree that that would be very unnerveing and would probably ruin ice fishing if it would happen to me. and will admit that in the past when the ice pops and echos across the whole valley it is a little freaky when you've got the truck on the ice but no worries when its 20in thick but just in case keep the truck warmed up and locked in 4wd ; D i only fish bout 20 yards off the boat ramp so im pretty close for a quick get out :) well what better way to fight a phobia than coming out and giving it a shot. its ffuuunnnn! :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom