ice fishing guides boys res.

None that I'm aware of.

But, I have fished it some through the ice. I can share what I know, use as you see fit.

The perch I've caught in there were always deep, typically caught sauger out deep as well. Used minnows on jig heads and I also did really well snapping a jigging rapala or a nils master. Snap them hard and fast at first, if nothing, nod the jigs...still nothing, move. Always had a tip up out about 8-10 feet below the ice and picked up some nice 20" plus rainbows doing that. Most the perch I caught in there were out on flats, not tied to structure. Every 5 minutes or so, I'd pound the bottom hard with the nils or rapala...fish it tight to the bottom. The quicker you can get your jig back down, the better once you're in a school.

Got into some crappie in about 12-15 feet of water, and also a few walleye mixed in as well.

Haven't fished it as much as other lakes, but like any warm water fishing...drill holes, drill holes, drill holes....50-100 minimum. I never fished any place long if I wasn't catching fish. Main lake points are a good place to start, fish the drop-offs.

My theory is that the fish are always biting, you just have to find them. If I don't get a hit within 5-10 minutes, I move to the next hole. Aggressive fishing is the way to go, IME.

Worse thing to do, IMO, is to set up an icehouse and wait for the fish to come to you.

Haven't fished there for probably 6-7 years, but here are some pics of what I caught:

icefishing4.jpg

IMG_3411.JPG

IMG_3418.JPG

IMG_3413.JPG

If you already don't have it, you might want to try the Navionics app for your smartphone to help show you the structures that Buzz discussed above. It's about 15 bucks.

Bruce with Fish Tales guide is in Casper and is supposed to fish Boysen. I searched Fish Tales and Bruce and found a phone number pretty easy.

A54E8F85-1F17-464D-A6A5-E75D23424356.png

Bruce with Fish Tales guide is in Casper and is supposed to fish Boysen. I searched Fish Tales and Bruce and found a phone number pretty easy.

8423CDC9-31A1-4163-8C39-2ACA9003F904.png

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom