I won a SuperSlam drawing, caribou. Sheep upgrade?

flyingbrass

I won the SuperSlam drawing Oct 15 for a caribou. I already killed a Central Canadian Barren Ground Caribou. I'm thinking about upgrading the hunt to a sheep hunt. I already got a Stone's so I'm thinking a Dall would be nice to have. Any thoughts?
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

One thought: Good for you! Congrats.

Hell ya hunt sheep. If they will allow it I'd hunt Dall, if I were you since you've already killed a Stone.

Will they allow you to upgrade? pick you own outfitter?

Zeke

Yes, they are really flexible. Now I got to decide on where to hunt Dall Sheep. Yukon, NWT, Alberta or Alaska will all be considered.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

CONGRATS TO YOU and hope it all comes out to the good. Take lots of pictures.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]
uninstalling.gif

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-12 AT 03:16PM (MST)[p]flyingbrass,
Congrats on winning a hunt!
I have been wondering about the taxes that you are responsible for if you win one of these hunts. Do you know how much that you will have to pay for this free hunt?

haha I'd probably better take the hunt and pay the taxes for good old Mr Flyingbrass aka Mr Lucky!

Hey Mr FBrass, would you shoot a pup like this? It's the one my daughter shot this year.

Zeke

2115dscn0479.jpg

Of course I've seen the photo of your daughter and her sheep, congrats! Nice sheep and a very pretty lady. I would like to shoot a sheep in that class. Any suggestions would be great.

>haha I'd probably better take the
>hunt and pay the taxes
>for good old Mr Flyingbrass
>aka Mr Lucky!
>
>Hey Mr FBrass, would you shoot
>a pup like this? It's
>the one my daughter shot
>this year.
>
>Zeke
>
>
>
2115dscn0479.jpg

flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

>WTH..
>
>Didn't you already win a Stone
>Sheep hunt?
>
>I'd rather be lucky than good
>too.....
>
>:)

Yes I won Stone's sheep hunt in 2010 from FNAWS but I'm ready to go again on an adventure hunt. You have to have your name in the hat to win!
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

Get a Dall Sheep Hunt. Go to Yukon or NWT...that Alaska hunting can be tough.
You lucky skunk.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-12 AT 09:10AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-12 AT 09:08?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-12 AT 09:01?AM (MST)

If you want to kill a nice Dall, your best chance is in the NWT or Yukon as Bowhunt mentioned.
Most of the NWT outfitters see to be top notch so you couldn't go wrong up there. Lots of us on MM have hunted with Arctic Red River Outfitters because they have had a Utah connection for a long time. My son and I had a fabulous experience with them two years ago and we both took dandy rams.
You are one lucky man brass!
Congratulations.
You will definitely pay more for a Yukon or NWT than Alaska, but I think it is worth it.
Oh, we also killed a couple of dink Mountain Caribou on that hunt. LOL

5482img_1308.jpg

+1 to bowhunt and littlebighorn.

I think it's cool that you won another hunt. Someone has to win and it might as well be me....errrr you! haha

There are some great hunts in Alaska and it seems like the prices are a bit less. There are some real gut-busters there too and the success rate isn't as high as it is in NWT or the Yukon. I've made 3 successful trip for Dall sheep and they've all been with Arctic Red River Outfitters in NWT. (this is a full-blown backpack hunt so keep that in mind)

Good luck Flyingbrass and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom