I think I need a lawyer

eelgrass

Long Time Member
So, I'm gearing up for the salmon/rockfish season here in Kali.

I'm trying to make sense of the regulations, and will have to do more research I guess.

I think????

If you're salmon fishing, you can only use single barbless hooks. If you have a salmon on board and you switch to rock fishing, using barbed hooks (legal for rockfish) you can be sited for having barbed hooks with a salmon on board. I think?

Now, you can only rockfish in water less than 120' deep. If you catch a rockfish in 100' of water then switch gear and troll for salmon in 130' of water you can be sited for having rockfish on board in water over 120' deep. I think?

If you mooch for salmon you must use circle hooks? I think? If you're trolling you can use J hooks. But if you quit paddling (get tired) your bait will drop down and drift like mooching. If I hook one I guess I'm in violation?

What are the chances I'll be able to get the right answers when I call F&G?

Eel

Forget the Fish & Game!

A Sharp set of Eyes & Bino's!

And a Sharp knife should keep you out of Trouble!:D

Cut Quick if you have too!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I hear ya Eel, the regs for salt water are a half inch thick,and there not even out yet.

Eel, just make sure you're not in one of those grey areas. ;-)

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

If you think you will be breaking the law, just go all out and do it right. That way there is no stress if you are illegal or not :)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

That's a tough one Eel. An honest mistake could be made. I would call fish & game and ask for Judy, just to be safe. ;-)

>That's a tough one Eel. An
>honest mistake could be made.
>I would call fish &
>game and ask for Judy,
>just to be safe. ;-)
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,
>I just stir it.[/font]

I need to be careful. I moved my "fishing residency" up to Oregon this year so I could steelhead fish up there.:)

Eel

I think it would all depend on if you have a business address in N. Carolina, or if your living with a gf in Kansas.

Well Eel lawyers have to make a living too. so go out and test those grey areas.

2311idiot.jpg

Was that book "50 Shades of Grey" about straddling the line of poaching or straddling something else? I know my wife really enjoyed the book.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-14 AT 04:29PM (MST)[p]Just go fishing Eel - if you get busted you can always appeal it! You might win your case like I did with my Red Light Camera Ticket but it will cost you about as much to fight it as to pay the fine. But you have to do it! Don't let the MAN drag you down! FIGHT THAT TICKET!!!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-14 AT 06:52PM (MST)[p]Omg best book ever !!! 50 shades one grey area for every state !!! ;)

EEl , If you find you have mistakenly broken a law, Make up a bull$hit story about it , Plead naivety, And blame the COWARDS that turned you in. Then all should be well, Warm sunshine should shine down on you from the heavens, All disbelievers will be enlightened and understand that you were a hapless victim of overly aggressive COWARDS. Cowards who live only to seek out puritans like yourself, and slap down your hand ( probably while reading the bible). Just to make themselves feel better about...Being....

Don't forget to slam the "Internet tough guys" if you get your "hand slapped".

Fish - Smish.. just smoke dope & be a homo liberal just like everybody else in Kali. Why you gotta be rocking the boat all the time Ell?

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Eel,
All the above have been good thoughtful replys but I have the answer for your dilema.

Use a pink lady. That's the device to get your line deeper in the water when you're moving. The faster you move, the more the pink lady tugs on your line. Kinka like playing a fish. DO NOT USE ANY HOOKS OR BAIT AT ALL since it will just get you in trouble.

Paddle aroung with the rod tip bobbing until you're tired then drag the 'yak out of the water and head home. Oh, stop by the store and buy some fish.

There, don't you feel better?
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom