I shouldn't be alive!

Long Time Member
Sitting here watching the series on netflix to wind down. What's the closest you've been to meeting your maker? I can't really think of anything that terrific myself other than getting rear ended by some jerkoff in a Yaris at 90.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Been several!

But the MM Death Threat still Hurts!

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

Fell Timber for 20 years and only missed one day of work because of being hurt at work until Nov 16, 1996...was going to work at 4.00 am and come around a 45 mph turn on Highway 299 and got hit head-on by a Semi...the driver was high on Crack Cocaine and been driving for 19 hrs....I was stuck in my pick-up for 4 hours till they could get me out....spent 1 month in the hospital and 2 weeks rehab....the docs said the only reason I survived is because I was in such excellent physical shape... I know better...the Lord wasn't finished with me yet...

I fell through thin ice once while goose hunting alone. I knew the water was chest deep or I wouldn't have been on it. I could only 'break trail' towards shore by heaving my upper body onto the ice and crushing that area and then do it again. It took perhaps two minutes to get to shore and another two minutes to walk to my vehicle, which was unfortunatley a VW BUG, that means essentially no heater. I was able to drive about a mile to the nearest farmhouse and stumble to the door. They had to put me in a hot shower to even get my coveralls off because they were frozen up so badly.

>Elk hunting with stinkystomper
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I hear there may be more Punishment PUNK?:D

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-13 AT 07:23AM (MST)[p] A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO (13 MO.) MY BUDDIES CABIN COLLAPSED WITH 12 FOOT ON SHOW ON THE ROOF. (SHAVER LAKE). THE 3400 FT. CABIN WAS A COMPLETE COLLAPSE, THIS HAPPENED AT 2AM. IT DROVE MY BED INTO THE BASEMENT, AS IT DID ALL THE BEDROOMS.

WE HAD PLANNED TO BE THERE THAT WEEKEND, BUT HAD TO CANCEL BECAUSE THE HOT WATER HEATER WOULD NOT FIRE UP. WHEN I GOT THERE I KNEW WE & OUR WIVES HAD JUST DODGED DEATH. COULD NOT BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW MANY TOTAL TONS OF SNOW & ROOF CAME DOWN. THE NEIGHBORS SAID IT SOUNDED LIKE A BOMB WENT OFF. JUST WASN'T OUR TIME TO GO......................YD.

In the 1970s, I was riding in the back seat of an International Scout. Another guy was driving, and the guy riding "shotgun" had his .270 resting next to his right leg with the muzzle pointed toward the back of the Scout. I was seated directly behind him,

The rifle was supposedly unloaded; it wasn't. Somehow it went off and sent a bullet whizzing past the right side of my head and through the support column next to the window at the back of the Scout.

It took about two weeks before I could hear normally again. Needless to say, it was the last time I hunted with the idiot.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

About 6 years ago I rolled an ATV down a 200 foot embankment 19 miles in the back country of Idaho. Busted my leg and hurt my back. Never really thought I was going to die but tumbeling down that hill scared the heck out of me and my buddies. Destroyed the quad and some equipement. My partner rode me out to the truck on his bike and drove me to the hospital. I ended up flying home the next day. Sure ruined their hunt!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I have had a few already and I am only 30. I thank God everyday for sparing my life.

1. When approx 12 years old my friend and I were rolling rocks off a cliff approx 200ft,(what 12 year old boy hasn't done that right). Well we got smart and decided that we would throw a small dead pine tree off. My buddy was on the back of the tree and I was on the front. We did the 1...2...3.. thing and right at the number 3 I realized one of the branches was caught in my shirt. My buddy heaved and over I went. I somehow managed to turn around just in time to grab onto the rocks on the edge of the cliff with my legs dangling over. My buddy ran and pulled me up. That was the last time I have rolled rocks off cliffs.

2. When traveling down state street looking for girls in SLC as an 19 year old, my friends and I had an incident where another motorist did not like our actions or the way we were driving or something. As we left the stoplight the other motorist pulled up along the driver side of my truck (I was driving) and the passenger pointed a gun out the window and fired. All I remember is seeing fire coming out of the window strait at my head(it was evening time). We were not injured, so we called the cops and gave them a description. They caught the guy moments later, and he is now in the Utah State Prison. To this day, I don't know how he missed me, and my entire truck at maybe 6 feet distance.

3. February of 2011 I was scheduled to go flying with my brother who was a fairly new pilot. We were going to make a weekend trip to southern Utah. Last minute I was informed that A job that I had been trying for had an interview set up for me that Friday. I had to bail on my brother for this interview. He ended up crashing his plane and was killed.

Those are my "I shouldn't be alive" stories. As stated above, I don't think that God is done with me yet. I must have some good left to do.

}}-SLIVER-->

Elkun ....lets hope there isn't a second run in!:)

I have some good ones, but this one is one of many reasons why, I seldom like going off paved roads..... my dad was taking us to a cabin in Idaho,for a family reunion, and we were told to follow the road all the way up until you see the fork in the road, well we did just that but had already gone too far up when it forked, and long story short, we had a station wagon, high centered on boulder, with nothing but a sheer cliff on the side of us,and to get out he had to roll the window down and I crawled out,then my dad and I ended up using a car jack, we had to also siphon gas for some reason, and a lot of praying,but we got it off the rock and slowly back to a safe surface, so we could back up....needless to say I don't know how we didn't get killed,and or the car kept from rolling off the side. IT WAS CLOSE ENOUGH FOR ME......needless to say, I walked back to the cabin with both feet on solid ground thanking my lucky stars.

Back in 1959 my friend and I were drinking and borrowed another guys car, a 1937 Chevy Coupe, and drove to the larger city south of us here to "cruise" the main drag. On our way back home on the "old 101 now" I told Delano (drunk Injun) to slow down as we approached the underpass, he waited too long and next thing I see is sparks beside my head as we sled along the roadway in the curve.
When I kicked out the front window to crawl out, two other guys were helping us get out of the car. Once outside, we were able to rock the car back upright and the car rolled off the side of road to the dirt and stopped there. As we were talking a Semi came through the underpass and sped up to keep on going. A minute earlier, there would have been 4 of us DEAD.

The friend still drunk, drove the car back to his family's house out Dry Creek where the owner of car had stayed to party there. Never said a thing to "Igor" or he might have died that night for sure.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

1911 serious...Let me see there was the time you rolled your car, the shooting, rear ended twice in one year, one of which was at 96 mph,several high speed chases,and guns being pulled on you, TNTC on the hunting accidents, the time I almost shot you for going to the Korean bar,;-) and the time jb peppered you in Cali, held at gun point after the drive in incident ( we wont talk about that one), the duck hunting incident with Bubba.....and that's just the ones I remember!!! you have to be out of lives by now!!!

>
>Overton and Kilo damn near died
>in the Korean bar after
>a pacemaker incident. True
>Story!

1911 use your own friggin account, or you wont be alive when I get done with you!!!

Another day of cheating death is what we used to say about flying Hueys. Had one drop near Udorn.....then one near central CA....but they happened when I was too young too be scared. Worst one was in an HH60 comong back from an air show in Colorado. We decided to take a side trip over the Wasatch. Started snowing and I could hear the main rotor blades change sound as they loaded up with ice. THAT was the luckiest I ever felt flying.

I'm not sure we should start talking about this subject. My experience is that you don't bring thing these subjects up until you are old enough to know better. I can say that now I can usually see it coming. That doesn't mean that those days are over...

I ate Bear meat once..........

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>"I ate Bear meat once.........."
>
>Is that clubhouse code talk?...... Terry
>

That's trichinosis talk. Good story behind it too.

>>
>>Overton and Kilo damn near died
>>in the Korean bar after
>>a pacemaker incident. True
>>Story!
>
>
>1911 use your own friggin account,
>or you wont be alive
>when I get done with
>you!!!

I will help you Red!

2311idiot.jpg

Paul....no that is an area up here out west of the town I grew up in north of where I live now.
There are a lot of Dry Creek areas in Cali

Brian

I went over to a guy's house and he had one of them semi-auto guns with a 30 round magazine. I could have died!

Zigga

>"I ate Bear meat once.........."
>
>Is that clubhouse code talk?...... Terry
>

LOL... No, I don't speak clubhouse... Here's a link to my story..

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b...thread&om=15324&forum=DCForumID11&archive=yes

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>>
>>Overton and Kilo damn near died
>>in the Korean bar after
>>a pacemaker incident. True
>>Story!
>
>
>1911 use your own friggin account,
>or you wont be alive
>when I get done with
>you!!!

1911 using your acct. may have been funny once, Now it is just stupid.

Im ashamed to even be reporting this one.

I pride myself on being safe and making sure everyone around me is safe. In my profession I get put in harms way almost daily, but the majority of the time the risk is manageable. Our crew does a lot of really complex hot work, junction poles, verticals, etc. Everyone talks and knows their roles. It's how we all get to go home every night and see our loved ones.

The day in question was a friday. It was the last pole changeout of the day. Easy pole, single phase tangent along a straight section of highway. I have done hundreds of them...hell a trained monkey could do it. We put our signs out, put the breaker on "one shot to lock out" (safety feature on power lines that opens the line after a fault), did a quick job talk, and went to work.

Per our safety policy, we bond our trucks to the system neutral to eliminate "step potential." Step potential is why people get dead when powerlines fall on their car and they get out. By bonding to it, their is no difference in potential between the truck and the system ground. We do this by connecting a long jumper from the truck frame to, like I said, the line.

Ok. Back to work. I air tested my rubber gloves prior to getting in the bucket, but was talking fishing with my pole partner and best friend and my head went to fishing...not rubber gloving 8000. I took the truck ground jumper and put it in my bucket with me (mistake number 1). I then went up and untied the system neutral and lowered it to the ground and asked Garrett (pole partner, but he stayed on the ground) to go help our apprentice do something. Our foreman was on the phone with dispatch. I put my rubber gloves on and went up to the phase to apply cover up (line hose and a rubber blanket around the top of the pole). I started to untie the phase when I felt a weird stinging sensation on my left leg. I looked down and was HORRIFIED to see that truck ground jumper in the bucket. The 8000 was leaching over my gloves and finding a way to ground. Thank God I tested my gloves.

We were expecting our first child a month from then. That was close. I got lucky.

>Sitting here watching the series on
>netflix to wind down.
>What's the closest you've been
>to meeting your maker?
>I can't really think of
>anything that terrific myself other
>than getting rear ended by
>some jerkoff in a Yaris
>at 90.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Just really glad you are dickweed. Ya had a few close calls in my day. One involving a propane refrigerator in a air tight cabin & a couple involving bar maids that wasn't my fault.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

"LOL... No, I don't speak clubhouse... Here's a link to my story..

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.pl?az=show_thread&om=15324&forum=DCForumID11&archive=yes"

Damn BS...... I missed that one....... Glad you came out of it OK.... Terry

Rolled my quad down a 60 degree hill and it crushed my left side because I rolled at the last second. Drowned in Alaska in the early 80s and figured out that death feels good. Very peaceful and never felt the cold or panic at all. Last trip to the bottom of the river I felt something and got a death grip on a single cast of 15# line from the only other person on the river. Rolled 3 times in an old van as a kid. Just not meant to be dead yet.

Holy crap this list is long for me, but here are a couple.

1. Fell through the ice duck hunting (twice) used my shotgun as a cross support so I didn't fall under.
2. got shocked by a arc welder set at 90 amps, only takes less than one to kill a person, not sure why I didn't get the "full" power. My dad was watching and had to trip it off with me getting electricuted.
3. Almost hit a semi head on with my three wheeler racing down a logging road.
4. got shot with a shotgun (twice)
5. over run the lake racing on my snowmobile at 100+ mph hour in the dark just missing about 10 ice houses along the shore and plowing through the trees.
6. My friend got a 5 gallon gas can on fire and ended up throwing it in the woods to get it away from him. I had to go after the can and throw it back into the yard so it didn't start a forest fire after a tornado had gone through and after a drought.
7. Walking along open water at the edge of the ice when I was 2 years old. Ice was too thin for my parents to get me and I was to stubborn to come back. They had to "coax" me back to safety.
8. Trying to show off to the kids how I could do front and back flips on the trampoline while I was drunk. Landed on my head/neck and went limp. The owner was a first responder and seen me do it. He was there instantly. I got my feeling back and good to go today, it took 7 years for my neck to stop hurting though.

This list goes on and on, I have used up about 90 cat's worth of lives so far, I am only 34....

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

"It is my penis, and I will wash it as fast and as long as I want to!" :)

Not really that close, but I waded too far to the middle of an Alaska river and was swept downstream. My waders filled up with water pretty quick. I dont think I could have swam another 15 feet with my waders being so heavy.

Oh, and I once fell off a 25ft cliff, hit a rock on the way down, and landed on a boat. Again, not that close to death but could have been worse.

>"LOL... No, I don't speak clubhouse...
>Here's a link to my
>story..
>
>http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.pl?az=show_thread&om=15324&forum=DCForumID11&archive=yes"
>
>Damn BS...... I missed that one.......
>Glad you came out of
>it OK.... Terry

Thanks

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

i wonder if there's a correlation between peoples IQ's and some of these incidents?? or maybe not IQ but common sense because these stories reminds me of a buddy who seems to have really bad luck. although when you really look at it, he brings it upon himself.

ive had unprotected sex with a bunch of ho's, does that count? lol.

What are you really trying to say ropinfool???

;-)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

"It is my penis, and I will wash it as fast and as long as I want to!" :)

Dose it count when you get sucked in an old type ringer washing machine> Was 3 helping mom wash cloths in an old ringer type washing machine! She ran upstairs to answer the phone! I got my arm stuck and it sucked me in! I was screamming and screaming and screaming near tore my arm off. Mom was yaking and yaking on the phone. I think the power company had a melt down and the washer quit.
Swallowed a walnut at 2 it got stuck in my lung! Back then the only thing they had to get it out was a pair of pliars!
after 7 weeks in the hospital they couldn't get it out. They gave me a blessing and left me for dead. They figured I was to weak to go through any more operations. The stars must have lined up right I coughed that thing up.
Cutting timber 60 miles from town in Montana. I was working on a truck I was trying to cut a wire with knive. Cut through the wire and both artries and tendon on my wrist! Near bled to deth. Old boy dropped me off at the hospital couple hours later while he went to park. When the hospital staff found me I was bleeding like a stuck pig passed out on the lawn. Don't know where they found such good blood but I took about a gallon of it.
Dumb girl rolled a jeep on me!
Use to swim in dead mans hole that damn wirl wind hole had me in its grasp for 1/2 hr. I went around and around.

Rutnbuck

>Rut please tell me us are
>not going to have any
>children...
>
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

Mosnar.. I'm BEGGING! Please lose that stupid f'n picture.

Bobcat got banned for f'n double space cap's for crying out loud!

Flounder!! Where is the justice?????

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

"Rut please tell me us are not going to have any children"

Think you need to proof read before hitting POST MESSAGE Overton.

Brian

I was salmon fishing a few years back on a favorite river.
Was carrying rods & gear bag full of weights & tackle as I crossed the river onto my favorite gravel bar.
Instead of crossing way upstream like I usually do, I tried a "shortcut".
Big Mistake.
I stepped off a cliff and the bottom just fell out, I tried to tread the rapid current but was very unsuccessful.
Breathable waders and felt boots sunk me toward the bottom like a rock.
I had exhaled my last breath of air and was still sinking to the bottom when somehow I was able to touch bottom and push myself to a shallower spot where I finally was able to get my face out of the water for a lifesaving gasp of air.
Sure thought I was buying the farm on that one, sheer terror.

I got broadsided by a drunk driver once at 65 mph.
Flipped my pickup upside down on the highway breaking all the windows out and caving in the roof.
That one could have done me in too.

When Eel and Kilo were in their 30's they were coming back from a long morning of duck hunting..The fog got really thick and out of nowhere they rear ended someone and started a chain reaction...It was one of the worst pileups in that time...37 horses.

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

>"Been several!
>
>But the MM Death Threat still
>Hurts!"
>
>WHICH ONE

I said there'd been Several!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom