I Need Hunt Ideas...

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I haven't drawn a tag, any tag, in 2 years. My son has a New Mexico deer tag but tore his meniscus last month playing football and will be having surgery... on crutches for 6-8 weeks. I can't wait until next year to hunt. I think I may just go shoot my sons buck for him in New Mexico. Just kidding....of course. When you are in my shoes and don't have anywhere to go but need a tag, what's the best way to get a landowner tag or something of that nature? Anybody have a line on cheaper landowner tags for any western state? Thanks for any advice...

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Sorry to hear about your sons knee, Iv been there myself, he wont feel like hiking much for a while. Im no help with Big Game tags either, I cant even draw one for myself. I have been keeping busy hunting Coyote and Fly Fishing, If either of those interest you then I can point you in the right direction. Just got back from an awesome trip on the Snake River, and am tying some Flies for a Steel Head trip next month as Im typing this

How about a Utard cow elk tag? Should be some landowner/hunts available.

If I could give you my Kali B tag I would.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Eel- My son shot a cow elk last year. It was a fun hunt. I am looking for a mule deer hunt more or less. I was kinda hoping to hear of a Nevada landowner voucher being available for a low cost but I know I'm just dreaming.
I may look into heading to AZ for a late season archery hunt even though I haven't used archery equipment in 6-7 years. Keep those ideas coming.
Homer- Idaho is a little farther than I'd like to go. I'm looking for Utah, NV, AZ or Oregon. Possibly the west end of New Mexico. Thanks all.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

OTC elk tags in MT. Just got back from my Mt. Goat hunt and did glass up some elk.
OTC archery was going on while there, I am sure it will get more crowded later with rifle hunt.

I actually will be hunting this year. The great state of NM allows a tag holder to transfer a tag if they are not able to use the tag. I was hoping to just get a refund but when he told me it could be transferred I could've kissed him! I sent my sons paperwork regarding his scheduled knee surgery for NOv 3rd as well as a note from the doctor stating he can't go hunt. All is taken care of and I will be hunting unit 10 for mule deer in New Mexico. I'm a happy man...

Glad you get to go huntin.....but here was my alternative...
go park your brand new 2015 whatever out in the middle of nowhere in deadbeatville.....set on it for three days in a sniper position and see how many kill-shots you get when somebody puts there grimy hands on it to steal it......the fishcops use decoys....why can't WE???

>Glad you get to go huntin.....but
>here was my alternative...
>go park your brand new 2015
>whatever out in the middle
>of nowhere in deadbeatville.....set on
>it for three days in
>a sniper position and see
>how many kill-shots you get
>when somebody puts there grimy
>hands on it to steal
>it......the fishcops use decoys....why can't
>WE???

Here in California you don't need a new rig. A decent bicycle is all you need for a decoy.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-15 AT 09:48AM (MST)[p]>>Glad you get to go huntin.....but
>>here was my alternative...
>>go park your brand new 2015
>>whatever out in the middle
>>of nowhere in deadbeatville.....set on
>>it for three days in
>>a sniper position and see
>>how many kill-shots you get
>>when somebody puts there grimy
>>hands on it to steal
>>it......the fishcops use decoys....why can't
>>WE???
>
>Here in California you don't need
>a new rig. A decent
>bicycle is all you need
>for a decoy.
>
>Eel
>
>Guns are like parachutes. If you
>need one and don't have
>one you probably will never
>need one again.

A small tool trailer full of tools works well here in colorado. You wouldn't even need to leave town!

My daughters boyfriend had his bike stolen yesterday outside his dorm at Cal Poly. It was all locked up and safe....nothing a scumbag and some boltcutters can't stop. I'm sure he would have loved to be posted up on top of that dorm with a 22-250!

Just FYI- the great state of New Mexico allows a deer tag to be transferred to a person of choice. So, my son transferred his tag to me. I paid for it in the first place so I think it's all good. I just had to show proof that he is having knee surgery and get a letter from his ortho surgeon. It's the first tag I've had since 2013.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom