I need a house!

Zigga

Long Time Member
I have a little over an acre of land and want to put a very affordable house on it. Any ideas? Maybe dig a basement foundation and set something on it. I looked at whisper creek log homes but not sure if I can swing it financially. Let's hear some thoughts. Affordability and time constraints are key.

using the inflation calculater that was so kindly posted in here this house will only cost 4,700 in todays money!
4840d497361285cb.jpg

47aa8a9e202b0d9f.jpg

A modular home, they are not trailers I have set a few up and they are quite nice and well built, the ones I have been around were made in Idaho and Nebraska

Zigga,
Im in the process of putting together a 30x40 shop. Should be able to do it for under $30,000 not counting the well and septic or running power to it. Thats with a full bath.
ismith.
45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

Me and few guys actually just finished building a whisper creek log homes, and it turned out BEAUTIFUL. But your right, the price is a little bit higher than a conventional stick framed house. But if you could foot the bill, I definitely recommend it.

All kidding aside zigga, those prefabbed homes are VERY nice and reasonably priced........depends some on location. Take a good look at several different mfg's.

JB

I have a sub contracting buisness & we do mostly custom homes be aware of the log home of any kind if budget is a concern. I like log homes but, they are more expensive to plumb, wire, heat, wood trim, install cabinets. If you can afford it go get it, but not an a limited budget. GOOD LUCK!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom