I love Olympic Curling!!!!

eelgrass

Long Time Member
But I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

It's shuffleboard on ice. The participants are the most highly conditioned athletes on the planet, whatever you do don't try it at home!

Well I don't know how to play?
But some of them chicks are cute!
Maybe Feleno could get us some better pics?
You know,the 50/50 kind!

Funny thing about curling. During the Salt Lake Olympics I covered all the mountain venues and would go in all the staff break tents. All the tents had live feeds from all the events going on and whoever was in there could choose what to watch. Invariably, most of the TVs would be on curling. It's hypnotizing...

HAZMAT

www.muddyroad.net

Foreman, Hazmat is right. It is hypnotizing...:)

Eel

I guess I understand the concept but the question I have is:

Where do they find those big rocks with the handles?

I have seen a lot of rocks but never any that look like those curling rocks. just wondering... They are kind of pretty.

I watched the curling competition avidly all week and eventually figured out the rules and the goals each team aimed to do. It was exciting enough to often send chills through me. ;-)

Couple of things I mentioned to my wife:

Playboy should do a "Girls of Curling" issue.

Also, I told my wife that I'd bet it was the first time ever in the Olympics where someone knowingly pregnant participated. I can't recall which team it was, but one of the gals was 4 or 5 months pregnant. And of course, that shows just how strenuous curling is NOT. :)

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I can't figure out why they would give a gold medal to a woman for scrubbing the floor. It's their lot in life.

Eel

I was wondering about that scrubbing stuff also.. I just figured they don't like their rocks to get dirty so they scrub the ice in front of the big rock. Strange sport if you ask me.

>Where do they find those big
>rocks with the handles?
>
>I have seen a lot of
>rocks but never any that
>look like those curling rocks.
>just wondering... They are kind
>of pretty.

They come from a quarry in Scotland, only one place in the world known to produce them.

Its a very hypnotizing sport to watch.

Kirby

When in doubt, floor it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you find a big stick.

I think the ultimate goal is to get the other teams rocks off.

Eel

LOL....Eel....You probably thought of the jokes first and then started a post so you could use em....LMAO

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

If curling is a event, WHY not horseshoes I believe more people play horseshoe then curl. Beside My buddy and I are the NM elk Camp undefeated Champions from last year. We are looking for gold again this year too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

+1 Hardway! I think you are on to him bud. :)

Horseshoes? I can throw a horseshoe pretty dam far, it's getting it close to that pipe thing that i'm not so good at. ;-)

Joey

>
>>Where do they find those big
>>rocks with the handles?
>
>They come from a quarry in
>Scotland, only one place in
>the world known to produce
>them.
>
>Kirby

Scotland eh? Thank you for clearing that up for me Kirby, I was wondering why I never saw rocks like that around here before.

Jim

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-10 AT 08:33AM (MST)[p]>>If curling is a event, WHY not horseshoes I believe more people play horseshoe then curl. <<

Gator,

That would have to go into the summer Olympics since there is no ice or snow involved. ;-) It would be right up there in excitement with ping pong.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom