I like to make stuff for.........

2lumpy

Long Time Member
my Grandkids. There all different, with different interests, so these are one a kind, Grandpa toys.

I'll show you same of mine. Lets have a look at yours!

4196leftside.jpg

3697rightside.jpg

DC

That's really cool, DC. I'm sure the grandkids love everything you make them.
My Dad worked for the Gas Company for 35 years and when I was a kid, I'd run out to his truck when he'd get home from work wondering what toys he found in the backyard of any abandoned house he had worked at during that day. These things you make them are probably really, really exciting to them.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

They like them Wisz but at the age they are at, when they get them, they're mostly see them as just another toy. As they get older they seem to appreciate them more and put them on a shelf so they don't get lost or to damaged. I hope the really joy comes when they can let their kids play with them, at tell them about the grumpy old fart that made them, when they were little. ;-)

I've got grandkids from age 2 to 23, so I've got to enjoy them at many different stages in their lives.

TriState, in most cases, by the time the kids are old enough to build stuff with me, they have developed a love for the outdoors and they want to go fish or hunt, so the wood working get left to me, during the long winter nights. Thank goodness I've got that to do, I hate the nights from November through the end of March.

DC

2Lumpy you have got some talent in your woodworking. Those will end being family heirlooms passed down with several generations. I got a couple grandsons that would love that trapdoor Springfield you made for your 2 year old grandson.

RELH

Would look better out of REDWOOD....steal some from Eels back yard.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

REDWOOD wood be nice.........how about it Eel, you got some burl you been aging outback?

Thanks guys, I was hoping Brain and y'all would share a few as well???

DC

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-15 AT 09:25PM (MST)[p]Thanks again, here a little thing I did for a granddaughter who wanted to show her teacher something her Grandpa made for her.

This one was redwood Brain. It's the largest piece I could find east of the Sierra's.

7312dolphinestart.jpg

2614finsheddolphine.jpg

Still wait'en on your stuff boy's. Give us look!

DC

Very nice work 2lumpy. Those will be in the family for many generations.

My latest little project has a piece of Redwood burl incorporated into it. I've had the burl wood for over 40 years so it's good and dry.:) The branch that the birds are on is actually one piece and grew that way naturally. It inspired the whole project. It begged to be made into something, so I did. All the birds are carved from Redwood.

As it neared completion, my wife thought it would be nice to give to my mother, so I did. She proudly displays it at the assisted living home where she lives now.

8314001.jpg

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Now we're talking! I knew you ole boys had some treasures hid up somewhere.

Eel, that is simply fantastic, I'll wager you Momma makes sure every person that walks in her room gets to hear about her wonderful and gifted son. The carvings are super and you've colored them up perfectly.

I can see you hate long winter night too. ;-)

That piece of RW burl is gorgeous, if I every get back to the north coast, in a pick up, I will be unable to get home without a fair sized slab of your California Redwood. Amazing wood.

Your tree branch display has inspired me too. I believe I'll be hunting a chunk of manzanita to carve some critters for. I'll have to be thinking about what to populate it with.

You got skills Boss. Bet you got more stuff................?

Thanks Eel........ come on boy's get the camera out and lets see it. There's not much going on on MM right now. If you ain't got a rack of significance, or a stringer of brookies, to show us, lets see your other talents.

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom