I killed a barr'

Tristate

Long Time Member
Howdy. Just got back to town. Hard hunt. Pretty scenery. The bear was bigger before I pulled the trigger but still not bad. Hair quality is great.

2vil45h.jpg

Nice bear. Where were you hunting? Give us some details.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Bowtech Destroyer
Winchester Apex .50 Cal

"I never knew Texas had that kinda high fenced habitat, lol."

Texas????? What the hell you mean Texas? That was South Africa.

"Nice bear. Where were you hunting? Give us some details."

I was hunting West Northwest of Cordova Alaska. Killed in Sheep bay. Guide was Blake Trangmoe. Outfit was Woods Outfitting. Saw some real dandy bears. Also got to look at the largest goat I have ever seen alive, film or otherwise. He was in the same spot every day watching us while we glassed for bears. He would score well into B&C. Two guys in camp shot 10+ foot bears while I was there. Did not see a single black bear while I was there. For some reason the blacks slept in this spring. Have hunted there before and normally see ten blacks a day. Physically hunt was not as tuff as I had prepared for but there was a lot more sitting behind the glass than I thought there would be. Got a lot of reading done in the middle of the day. Almost got to kill an even larger bear that was a black colored browny. Had a big scar on his muzzle and split lips. Wind changed right before we made our stalk and spooked him though. He would have been a special trophy.

Nice!

Who's gonna be doing the Taxidermy work?:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I used a Model 70 chambered in .375 H&H. I was shooting 300 grain swift a-frames. I shot four times with three rounds striking the bear and one miss in probably a little under five seconds. Bear died within ten feet of where the first round struck him.

I do not know if I will mount it. I am very short on space these days. I live in a small house where it definitely can't go and I have a ton of stuff for clients stacked up in my office.

Have you got any Pics of the Carcass after you Skinned it?

I'd like to see some Damage the 375/300 Grainers done?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I do not have a pic of just me holding the head and I do not have a pic of just the skinned carcass. I do have the traditional trophy pic of the face close-up with me way behind it. As for damage by the .375 it really wasn't that messy. All three bullets exited so none were recovered. First shot was a double lung hit that exited the left side. Hole was roughly the size of a half dollar. Second shot was a crossing spine shot and exited the right side of the body. Third shot was the miss. I burned a straight line of hair right off his back. Fourth shot was about three inches right of the tail pipe and exited just above the right knee. This was the largest hole and was probably three inches or so.

w1g0mt.jpg

And How much do Taxidermists Charge for each 375 Hole?:D

Pretty nice barr!
I've never seen a brownie but I've seen a bunch of grizz in the lower 48 and Canada (BC and NWT). I'd love to hunt them some day but it's more of a wish than a goal right now.
Well done Tri,
Zeke

Well done! That's a nice bear.
Welcome to our part of the world. I'm glad you loved it up here.

I have a brownie tag for this fall right here on Afognak island. I'll spend the first 10 days with a longbow and the next five days with a gun. I'd be more than happy with a bear the size of yours.
Again, congrats.

Longbow6360, what you meant to say was:

"I'll spend the first 10 days with a longbow and the next five months in the hospital.

Just Kidding!! LOL

Eel

"I do have the traditional trophy pic of the face close-up with me way behind it."

When I hunted in Alaska the spring of 2012, I told Braun, my outfitter, I refused to do that "traditional" shot because almost every pic in his yearly brochure was that way and some of the hunters looked like midgets way back there. Your pic was better.

My hunt was searching for dens and tracks high in the Talkeetnas. Quite the experience.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom