I have heard it all....

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-08 AT 04:58PM (MST)[p]I thought this was an interesting story. I wondered if any of you had ever heard of anything like it. I heard this with my own earns; hard to believe but true:

Last weekend I was talking to a friend of mine. This friend owns a ranch and allows hunters to pay a small, and I mean a very small trespass fee to hunt a few cow elk on his ranch.

Anyway, we started talking about his hunters from last year. He tells me that "Roger" from Ogden Ogden Utah came to hunt with him last year. My friend jumped into Roger's truck and started driving up to his ranch.

Along the way, Roger's tie rod goes out on his truck. Being the good guy my friend is, he walks back (in the snow no less) and goes for help. Finally, he gets help, goes and he buys the part.
On top of this, he pays for the part and actually replaces the part for him.

My friend started to worry when Roger didn't even offer a "thank you" for my good friends help. But he did mention that he was a little short on cash and that he "would pay him back" in the future. You can guess what happened.....

Another hunter went to his ranch and decided to shoot a calf. Perfectly legal, of course. However, he thought he should pay a discounted trespass fee since he shot a calf and not a "cow".

I guess I can see why land owners are skeptical when someone wants to hunt their land. I am amazed that there are idiots like this in the world.

Have any of you dealt with people like this???

ungrateful stooges they will be the first ones in the coffee shop complaining about no place to hunt.

NA!!!

YOU AIN'T HEARD IT ALL!!!

THERES A MILLION PEOPLE OUT THERE WANTING EVERYTHING FOR NOTHING!!!

IF "DIPCHIT ROGER" DRIVES HIS RIGS TILL THE TIE-RODS FALL OFF HE OUGHT TO HAVE HIS A$$ KICKED!!!

THATS KINDA WHY I WANNA BUY THE PERMIT FROM Faleno FOR THE MINI-SPIDER BULL WITH SPOTS ON HIM!!!

SINCE THE MINI BULL HAS SPOTS ON HIM I'M LOOKING FOR A REDUCED PRICE!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Typical Utard. They want a deal because they shot a calf.....Somebody needs to beat Roger with that tie rod.

Wood, that does not surprise me at all....not at all. Unfortunately I deal with " Roger's" everyday seems like, and the levels of ungratefulness or appreciation for things these days, I can not wrap my head around....very sad.

?We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.? Aldo Leopold

WOW! I have never ever heard of anything like that in my life!! Imagine that, a small trespass fee!!!!

>YOU AIN'T HEARD IT ALL!!!
>
>THERES A MILLION PEOPLE OUT THERE
>WANTING EVERYTHING FOR NOTHING!!!

Ahhh ! bobcat You hit my biggest gripe. SOMETHING FOR NOTHING. I see it in all walks of life. They either weren't brought up right or just plain ignorant.

I AGREE EDELBROCK!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

No offense Woody.... but unless your bud really needs the money ... why the heck would he put up with the aggravation? If it was me I'd post the place from hell to breakfast and tell the girlie - baby shooters to hunt somewhere else.

RUS

"No offense Woody.... but unless your bud really needs the money ... why the heck would he put up with the aggravation? If it was me I'd post the place from hell to breakfast and tell the girlie - baby shooters to hunt somewhere else."

No offense taken! I agree with you 100%. He told me things will change for this coming season.

I'd take a reduced price calf elk hunt this year. Not because I want to shoot a calf elk but I do have some wheel bearings that need to be repacked soon and it sounds like a pretty good deal :)

When I was running my llama adventure treks, I offered an Early Ice Off Fly fishing trek into the high lakes of the Uinta mnts. here in my home state.

I had this one group of 4 guys book it and come late June off we went.

We got into the Potter Lakes and they had a ball catching 7-9 inch trout.

They all limited out and wanted me to take lots of photo's.

After the photo shoot (sic) I went back to camp chores....I look out towards the lake and these fly fishermen....where tossing the fish back into the lake--most had died already...

I ran down and was like WTF....ya catch 'em--kill 'em --ya eat 'em....none of them like the taste of fish so they never ate any of what they caught!

I went back and broke camp, loaded up the llama's and headed off the mountian.

They wanted a refund for the 'short trip'...I told them as a Permittee of the national forest they could file a complaint about the $$$ and I would file with the DWR about the fish trick...

Robb

I have similar stories of cheap a$$holes fishing on my boat.. I have a 24' Seaswirl Striper and when I take guy's fishing with me I always tell anyone that goes what I expect from them before we go. I always keep the boat full of fuel so I tell whom ever is going fishing with me that all I ask is when we return to the harbor I stop at the fuel dock refill the boat, divide the cost of the fuel (myslef included) and ask for help washing it down when I put it back in the slip. I normally even buy the live bait (no big deal) and usually keep beer and soda and water aboard so there is always something to drink. Now if we fish close I don't use much fuel but if we go chasing tuna sometimes we can go 30 - 40 miles out and that does use a lot of fuel. ( fuel at the Dana Point gas dock is $6.+ per gallon) It never ceases to amaze me that there always has to be someone that "forgot his cash / will catch me next time / forgot to bring something to drink / has to get home can't help wash the boat / or some other bull$hit story. I have heard plenty of them. For those people that is their FIRST and LAST trip with me. I have 4 guys that fish with me now on a regular basis and it works out well, a couple have even offered to help with maint. items which is nice because it does cost a few bucks not to mention what it costs to keep it in a slip. Some people however expect a free ride at other peoples expense.
Okay.. I'm done venting.. It''s just when I read the original post about the rancher letting people hunt for a small fee it touched a nerve with me about cheap asses..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom