I got the fever, my moose

BIGOLMULEY

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-05 AT 07:48PM (MST)[p]Well, my east canyon Utah bull moose tag has been filled. I got the fever and shot one I thought was bigger. I am happy with the bull, but disappointed in myself for not being more patient. I still had a couple of weeks left in my hunt, but hadn't been seeing much, and not many big bulls. I know they were there, but after nearly two weeks of hunting, I was getting in trouble at work a bit, and at home. I had hunted nearly every day. I was becoming grouchy and I even was starting to feel like this hunt wasn't fun. I mean, I had a blast, but the pressure of a once-in-a lifetime hunt was getting to me. Anyway, I am happy with this bull, and thanks to my friends who helped my get him out, he was big, but I guess most moose are big.
He ended up being 40" wide, and a 7X10. Maybe someday I'll draw a Wyoming, or Idaho tag.
I have had a lot of hunting this year. This is my 5th big game animal,and I still have my 13A Arizona strip tag to go on. I wouldn't say I am tired of hunting, but I am tired.

A little blurry
DSCN0042.jpg

A decent palm
DSCN0033.jpg

My back hurts
DSCN0053.jpg

I had a great hunt, and hopefully I can be patient on the strip!

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

I am not seeing a downside to this. Very nice bull. When you look back later it sounds like you will not have regrets. Hunting every day for two weeks is an admireable effort and you did get a good bull.

Great looking animal for saying that you got impatient. Wait until you see the little ram I shot because the pressure of a once-in-a-lifetime tag got to me.

WELL JASON I THINK YOU HAVE A GREAT CHANCE AT RUNNING THE TABLE THIS YEAR AGAIN. NICE BULL. YOU WORKED HARD FOR IT SO THEIR IS NOTHING TO BE DISSAPOINTED ABOUT. IF YOU DID GET THE FEVER THAT'S COOL. IT'S GREAT TO FEEL THAT. WHEN YOU DON'T IT MIGHT BE TIME TO HANG IT UP. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BIGOMULEY YOU'LL GET ON THE STRIP. GOOD LUCK JASE.

BUGLEMN

JASON

NICE BULL!!!

WILL YOU PLEASE CONTACT AZ & TELL THEM YOU'RE A LITTLE TO TIRED TO HUNT BUT YOU KNOW A GUY THAT WANTS THE 13A TAG???

JUST KIDDIN,I'LL BET YOU'RE NOT THAT TIRED???

TELL YOUR WIFE TO JUST RELAX A LITTLE,YOUR ALMOST DONE FOR 'THIS YEAR',LOL!!!

TELL YOUR BOSS YOU CAN WORK ANYTIME,WELL ALMOST!!!

LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD FUN UNTIL YOU PULLED THE TRIGGER,YOU'LL LOOK BACK & SAY:REMEMBER WHEN WE PACKED THAT MOOSE OUT,DAMN THAT WAS ALOT OF WORK!!!

NICE PIC'S & NOT A WHEELER IN SIGHT,CAN'T BEAT THAT!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING BIGOLMULEY IS GONNA HAVE ONE HELL OF A TAXIDERMY FEE THIS YEAR!!!

My taxidermist says with my san juan elk, Wy G deer, my elk from this year, my moose and hopefully my AZ buck, he may be able to retire soon. I still have a goose and 12 duck in there as well. I just built a new home and it is filling up fast. I have been very lucky lately. I do put in the time. I think I have hunted about 30 days so far this year, and I have only been duck hunting twice. My wife and I have a deal, she gets six months and I get six months. If she wants to go to her moms on her six months, we go. It is tough sometimes, but she doesn't complain to much when I go. I have friends that can hardly go hunting because their wives say no. I don't know if I am just lucky, or I am just really selfish, either way, I love to hunt so I figure I'll do as much as I can until I can't anymore.

BOBCAT- See any big bulls this year? I hope to draw the bear tag down there next year. My luck seem to still be going strong, so who knows.
And by the way, I love my moose. Two days later and I am loving him more and more, and work is happy I'm back. Nice to start making some money again.

JASON

I HEARD THE 10 X 8 BULL I CALLED IN LAST YEAR IS DEAD!!!

I WAS HOPEING I'D GET A TAG BEFORE HE EXPIRED OR BEFORE SOMEBODY EXPIRED HIM!!!

I HEARD HE WAS A 11 X 8 & AROUND 420-430 BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY PICTURES YET!!!

I'LL SEND YOU A PM!!!

THE ONLY bobcat HOPEING THE UDWR DOESN'T AGE THE BULL,HE'S WAY ABOVE THE AGE OBJECTIVE,I GUARANTEE IT!!!

Looks like a great bull to me man... Congrats. I wanna hunt those bad boys with my bow sometime in my life, rather it be here or Alaska. Anyways congrats man....
redelkarcher>>>------------->

Congrats Jason!

Your having a great year and still have the 'kicker' tag for the Az.-Strip buck.

Thanks for sharing it all with us.

Nice bull Jason, I'm surprised a little guy like you could pack him out. Must have been all that walking in Labrador.

Yes, Swanacookie, it was all that walking in Labrador, carrying all those caribou antlers!!

Good Luck on Saturday, and congrats on your big G Buck!

Very nice Jason. I wish i could have helped you get it out. Congrats now we just have to get Jeran a bigole buck this weekend!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom