I got my kitty !

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
I got my kitty yesterday morning. Had a couple of buddies help me with their dogs. It was a great hunt.
But what surprised me was when I checked in my cat. I dwr officer said it was the first cat he checked in this season. The hunt ends febuary 29th. I know its been tough to find good snow this year. Oh I was in central utah on the Boulder.

Congrats!pic?You guys need more cat hunters,our hound season quotas fill up immediatly here.

This thread is worthless without pics?????????????LOL

Please post up some pics. and congrats on your kitty!!!!

Ok ...
151img_0587.jpg

The Fun is all over BIGJOHN!

Now you gotta go back to work!:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-12 AT 05:01PM (MST)[p]Yes back to work ! I heard about it all day . Hard to get cell service in those canyons.
MTSHED, what state are you from ? How do they work there hound hunts ?
He is not the biggest tom ever. He is a very nice charcoal grey cat. The guys said it was one of the darkest cats they have seen in a while. It is my first cougar and i am proud of him.
I woudn't want to meet him in a dark alley somewhere. His claws where big and of course his teeth.He was pretty heavy,hard to hold up anyway. The dwr guy thought he was three and a half to four years old.
He gutte was full. We didn't find a kill site. But we guess he had just feed on some deer. Judging on all of the deer track around the canyon and no deer. There where cat tracks all over the canyon zig zagging everywhere .We guess he had a female running around with him. All in all it was a great day hunting with friends and watching the dogs work.
5490img_0578.jpg

Here I am trying to do the bear hug thing.

Great looking cat, I like the dark coloring.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Good lookin cat.MT,we have a regular season and then a late season with hounds,they set our quotas rediculously low for BIG areas.The hound season quota in my area filled in 6 days.

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-12
>AT 05:01?PM (MST)

>
>Yes back to work ! I
>heard about it all day
>. Hard to get cell
>service in those canyons.
>MTSHED, what state are you from
>? How do they work
>there hound hunts ?
>He is not the biggest tom
>ever. He is a very
>nice charcoal grey cat. The
>guys said it was one
>of the darkest cats they
>have seen in a while.
>It is my first cougar
>and i am proud of
>him.
>I woudn't want to meet him
>in a dark alley somewhere.
>His claws where big and
>of course his teeth.He was
>pretty heavy,hard to hold up
>anyway. The dwr guy
>thought he was three and
>a half to four years
>old.
>He gutte was full. We didn't
>find a kill site. But
>we guess he had just
>feed on some deer. Judging
>on all of the deer
>track around the canyon and
>no deer. There where cat
>tracks all over the canyon
>zig zagging everywhere .We guess
>he had a female running
>around with him. All in
>all it was a great
>day hunting with friends and
>watching the dogs work.
>
5490img_0578.jpg

>
>Here I am trying to do
>the bear hug thing.

I got one of fishlake unit with the same coloring, they have a cool look to them, I love the darker ones

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

Ill show you where you can pick up a whole bunch up here for a "reintroduction program"!

RE: I got my kitty

Shed, if there is so many get you some hounds, you'll have a new Passion! You might even hunt some coons for the Hell of it!

Euro what part of the Fish lake unit did you get your cat on ? I was just about 25 miles south of the fish lake unit

>Euro what part of the Fish
>lake unit did you get
>your cat on ? I
>was just about 25 miles
>south of the fish lake
>unit

It was on the north end, 9 years ago, he was only a 2 yr old and was 6 1/2 ft long, but it was a ho tag and I wasn't going to complain

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

I know plenty of houndsmen,you couldnt pay me to keep those mean bastards around the house all year.

Mean dogs get culled. They don't have to be mean to tree game.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom