I got a poacher!

Cornhusker

Long Time Member
No I didn't shoot him. With my spotting scope I watched a truck slowly road hunting about a mile away. I watched him shoot from the road and then drive in an load up the deer. I would have never got his license plate but he decided to take a minimum maintenance road which brought him close enough to get his plate number. I turned it into the game warden who has always been very good, two days later he called me that they caught the guy. It is deer season, but he didn't have a tag and had the deer in his garage. I would have had to testify he shot from the road but he admitted it. So on the good side maybe 1 less poacher however the next night someone shot 6 deer on the alfalfa in the same area and left them. Might have been retribution, hard to say.

It never ends but I still think its a fight we have to get tougher on with higher fines and possibly some jail time. Just my thoughts most would argue with jail time but I think after the first time that is what is needed. Money means nothing to some of these guys.

Good work!

Take their guns and truck. Next 30 days with Bubba, let him think about it while he is watching his back side. Maybe the word will get around, there's no more messing around. Just saying.

Good work! I just hope it wasn't a republican because it will be on all the news channels and it's probably likely it could have been one of our presidential hopefuls! :^) Seriously husker good job!!

Ditto, the well done.

Fines and confiscation: yes!! Have a hard time wanting to lock them up, feed them and pay medical treatment; maybe weekends...so they can keep working to pay the fines.

(Might not be against simple lynching; particularly for the people who shot 6 and left them in the field!!)

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Now before you all slam me consider this...

What if this guy has 4 little kids to feed at home and got laid off from his job? He's a good 'ol boy and has never broken the law before, but had to do something to feed his family.

He obviouly didn't shoot a big buck or I think you would have mentioned that part.

If any of you had lost your job & were doing everything you possibly could to keep a roof over your families head, you've sold off pretty much everything you own, the family has zero luxuries like t.v., internet, entertainment expenses, etc. and your freezer and refrigerator have been empty because you're all living on ramen noodles; would you kill a deer or elk to sustain your family? I know that I would go shoot a cow elk to feed my family rather than watch my kids starve. No doubt about it.

Since the guy admitted to everything I'm curious if his circumstances are similar to the ficticious things I wrote above.

I completely agree that poaching just to poach is without question theft. Killing game animals and leaving them lying on the ground to rot is also B.S. - Just look at NM and the Jennings Law. Landowners are doing this every year to our game and it's legal!!

My opinion is this: If someone poaches because they are truly in dire need of food I will look the other way so long as they aren't killing mature bucks or bulls.

Alright.. feel free to bash me...

There are so many charities and organizations now to help that having to kill to feed your family isn't an excuse anymore. I bet if he sold his truck or gun he would have plenty of money to feed the family too.

All that could be done, should be done before you turn to crime.

Good job Corn!

Just so everyone knows, there is like 40 some odd million people on food stamps these days so poaching a cow elk or deer to feed your family is complete bullshyt. There are way too many other options available so I don't care what your situation is, if you poach a game animal and I see it, I'm turning your ass in.

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

440Sixpack wants to measure your boners!

>Good job Corn!
>
>
>Just so everyone knows, there is
>like 40 some odd million
>people on food stamps these
>days so poaching a cow
>elk or deer to feed
>your family is complete bullshyt.
> There are way too
>many other options available so
>I don't care what your
>situation is, if you poach
>a game animal and I
>see it, I'm turning your
>ass in.
>
>
>
>
>
>

+1... Besides I could buy half a Beef on what it takes for my POS truck in fuel to get to where the deer are..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Exactly. No one should ever poach to feed your family, that is about the most retarded excuse i have ever heard.

For people like that there is government assistance, other family members, child protective services (which is where they should be anyway if YOU cant feed them), soup kitchens etc...

countless ways to eat, so if you are using that as an excuse then yes, you should go to jail for being an idiot and the government should take your children for being so dumb.

The guy should've hid inside the deer nude....the coppers would've never found him!

Steve
Don't leave your keys in your car or it WILL get stolen. :(

"The guy should've hid inside the deer nude....the coppers would've never found him!"

LMAO! Would this be you speaking from experience? If so, we're going to need a helluva lot more details!

LMAO! Again! Sorry Whiz, I just saw the nude chick in the dead horse thread so now I know you're not necessarily speaking from experience. Or...are you? :)

That's my little sister who took the photo's nude in the horse. She's engaged to mare-y that guy! :)

Steve
Don't leave your keys in your car or it WILL get stolen. :(

>That's my little sister who took
>the photo's nude in the
>horse. She's engaged to mare-y
>that guy! :)
>
He must be a real stud!!

Maybe he'll pony up some more pics!

I'm sure she will get rode and put up wet. Just think some-one brought her home to meet their folks. Ouch

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom