I got a Duck......FINALLY!!!!!

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I've been hunting hard all season and finally sealed the deal today!

Me and Spot (Spot is my new dog. We found him about two months ago. He is all yellow without a spot on him so we figured Spot was the perfect name) were hiding in the grass when this bad boy came flying by. Three shots later and the duck was down! He was just wounded but Spot was able to chase it down. It was a great day for both of us! Good boy, Spot!

Not real sure what kind of duck it is. Might be an Albino Mallard? But then it could be a young Snow Goose? It's not important, it was just great to finally get one!

Thanks for letting me share/post pics!

Eel

495ebf61736b0304.jpg

THATS THE UTAH STATE BIRD eel!!!

YOU CAN'T SHOOT THEM!!!

YOU GUYS IN KALI JUST SHOOT ANYTHING THAT FLIES???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-09 AT 07:09PM (MST)[p]>hey eel thats a seagull, it
>aint no duck LOL

I know! I found this photo on another site and thought I would make up a hunting story.......LOL!

The original story said the bird was released without harm!

Eel

President Obama and Congress should leave gun rights alone. It's above their pay grade.

DON'T TRY & BULL$HIT YOUR WAY OUTA THIS ONE eel!!!

LOL!!!

YOU EVER COME TO UTAH AGAIN THE GAME WARDENS ARE GONNA BE WATCHIN YOU!!!

LOL!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

LOL. A few years back my dad shot a Comorant (sp) a fish eater. His dog bailed out of the boat to retrieve it and the bird nailed him right between the eyes with its pointy beak. Dog comes back to to boat birdless with a bleeding divot on his forhead. Later, dad shoots a mallard, dog looks at dad like... "Get it yourself"...lays down and never leaves the boat the rest of the day.

Bess;

Us kali guys will shoot anything that walks, flys, or crawls. and you remember that. We have also been accused of taking "sound" shots while in the woods. Every now and then we will even let a few fly at a full moon. Going to need a bigger gun to bring that big one down.
As for your state bird, we consider it nothing but a "Poo dropping menace".

RELH

Eel, that was a good one to rile up the Utards. Bess is gunning for you now.

That's a Humboldt Bay snow goose! Eel, I shoulda taken you hunting yesterday, the steelhead fishing sucked big time.

Oh that poor, poor, beautiful, silver wonder of nature!

;-) LOL

Did it poop on ya before you hit it? lol

Love the dog. Lucky find. ;-)

CAelknuts, The duck hunting wasn't much better. I got checked out by the warden on the afterbay. He said he hasn't seen a scull boat around there in years. Now I know why.

Sent you a PM.

Eel

President Obama and Congress should leave gun rights alone. It's above their pay grade.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-09 AT 09:53PM (MST)[p]To anyone who has ever had a seagull poop on your car this is for you. . .

Glad that I don't have to eat it!! That would taste as bad as those mallards Bessy shoots off the Altamont sewer ponds!!!

Eel,

I know! I found this photo on another site and thought I would make up a hunting story.......LOL!

The original story said the bird was released without harm!

Eel

SURE AND McCLAIN WON THE PRESIDENCY AND OBAMA IS GOING BACK TO AFRICA.............WYS..... LOL

Brian

>>SURE AND McCLAIN WON THE PRESIDENCY AND OBAMA IS GOING BACK TO AFRICA.............WYS..... LOL<<

I didnt know Bruce Willis ran for presedent...:)

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

YOU DON'T GET IN TROUBLE OFTEN eel!!!

BUT YOU'RE IN TROUBLE NOW!!!

THATS OUR STATE BIRD!!!

YOU CAN'T SHOOT THEM!!!

IS THAT HOW YOU KALI BOYS GET EVEN WITH US TARDS???

SHOOT OUR STATE BIRD & THEN CALL IT A DUCK!!!

WELL,LET US KNOW HOW THEY TASTE???

LOL!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

>I thought that was a Bodega
>Bay Honker. No?

Jim, that's it! I knew an expert bird guy would confirm the species!

Bobcat, the seagull can not possibly be the Utard state bird! They fly way too slow! Are you sure it's not a Falcon, because they fly 130 mph, like the people driving! LOL!

Eel

We used to call them Chinese Snow Geese as kids.....season was always open on them when nothing else was flying around. Believe me...THEY DON'T TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Possibly Johnathan Livingston seagull, gunned down in Cali ?
Might make the news tonight.

Here's another story for ya, one time while shore fishing for corbina, I casted out & caught a seagull, lil bastard had my plug in his mouth so I had to real him in, there are actually quite mean lil'bastards.

>Here's another story for ya, one
>time while shore fishing for
>corbina, I casted out
>& caught a seagull, lil
>bastard had my plug in
>his mouth so I had
>to real him in, there
>are actually quite mean lil'bastards.

I catch those things fairly often especially when fishing with light tackle around the edges of the kelp beds with live bait and yes they are mean bastards and completely pissed off by the time you reel them in to the boat.

>>I thought that was a Bodega
>>Bay Honker. No?
>
>Jim, that's it! I knew an
>expert bird guy would confirm
>the species!
>
>Eel

Eel,

You are going to have that one mounted correct? I think it would be a mistake not to. I mean with his color, markings, character, You just don't get Bodega Bay Honkers like that everyday. Could possibly make the book, better have him scored.

Jim

hay EEL we all have taken "frustration" shots at one point or another (I haven't)!
or been staring in the sun to long....make saw billed fish eater look like specks...(again not to me!!)
so what did it taste like?
clobbered them today with that north wind!
rm

Eel if it not to late! Hope ya haven't killed him yet! Looks like he is still alive. I found out the other day if you wound one like that you can take a board and nail his foot to it! Set it out about 20 yards in front of where your set up. Use him as a Decoy. He will squack like crazy and flap like a SOB. Works great. Funny thing you would think every bird that decoys to him were going to try and eat him. Must be excellent table fare.
Rutnbuck

Rut, it's too late this time around but next time I'll try that! I don't have any decoys and that sounds like a great solution. I can't wait to go out again!

Eel

Congratulations Eel on a fine throphy "duck"!
Don't tell anyone, but on slow days i have bugeled a few of these in myself and tried out a new load or two.
Although these are fun to shoot, the fall under the catagory of a "mud duck". You'd better stomp them in the mud after you shoot them, and quickly.

On slow fishing days, you can put a piece of bread on a treble hook and catch a few of these mud ducks that way as well.
It's a great way to do a "drag check" on your best reel ;-)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Well Eel since you didn't reply to my earlier post with regards to having you trophy scored and mounted it would suggest one or two scenarios.

1st. scenario:

The photos you provided were hijacked from www.BodegaBayHonkers.com which knowing you and being the ethical hunter you are would be difficult for me to believe.
I would go so far as to stake my own hunting reputation on it, well maybe that isn't such a good thing but you get my drift.
And of course there are those pictures of Spot, I would know him anywhere.

2nd. scenario and most likely:

2. I have a strong suspicion that your Bodega Bay Honker became New Years day dinner. If that's the case it's okay, ethical hunters should in fact eat what they harvest. I have to admit I feel a little put out that you did not invite me over for dinner. You remember I had you and the family over when I bagged my Geyserville rainbow turkey and some think it was a gay turkey but we know it was that lesser know species.

Please advise Eel...

Jim

p.s. Don't listen to Slam, He's just envious telling you to "stomp them in the mud after you shoot them and quickly".
Some people...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom