I found where my gas money went

overton

Long Time Member
I wonder if this area is prone to earthquakes?

4824f179243b0e1b.jpg

Thats nothing... google "Palm Islands" sometime. Makes the above hotel look like a highschool engineering project.

-DallanC

>........nothing that a good old fashioned
>tidal wave couldn't cleanup.
>
>JB

Or a couple laser guided missels.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON May-13-08 AT 02:00PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-13-08 AT 01:59?PM (MST)

Type in Dubai in the search on Google earth and it will take you right to it. There are lots of cool buildings there and you could spend all day looking at what our gas money built.

Here is what I think has got to be the coolest place in that desert.

4829f1e420aa0053.jpg

What you can do with lots of MONEY.

Our gas money built this place. An indoor Ski Slope!!!!!

4829f23521f7a193.jpg

120 deg. in the desert, Lets go SNOW SKING!!!!

4829f26b22f139f0.jpg

4829f28a23851d85.jpg

Pretty COOL place, see what I mean.

Jeff

palm_island_sept9_2003_dg.jpg

Zoom in, look around... this picture is from the international space station btw, yes its that big you can clearly see it from space.

They are making 4 palm islands, each one larger than the last. Its insane!

-DallanC

Check this little feller out. My gas money being used for something good at least.

here are some pics and the Towers website.

482afdc33fc5d1ec.jpg

482afde2401edc15.jpg

482afe024098b7ca.jpg

http://www.burjdubai.com/

This baby is going to be tall when it is done. Cant find anything on the website that says exactly how tall but it looks like it is going to blow away the others.

Jeff

What does Africa have to do with it. This is the Persian Gulf (Middle Eastern Boys).

Jeff

That building, upon completion, will be 2,400 metres high. That's 7,900+ feet tall, more than a mile for those of you affectionately known as Utards. It will be the tallest building in the world. The world's second highest building is already in Dubai. Amazing what a few billion in oil money each month will get you, huh?

At least the Uniter Arab Emirates, and more specifically, Dubai, are capitalist governments. Most of the other governments in that region, with just as much or more money, hate us. The Emirates are US allies.

From a hunting standpoint, the members of the Dubai royal family are fanatic hunters. If you've ever been to www.accuratereloading.com , that is Saeed al Maktoum's website; he's a prince in the Dubai royal family. He spends about a month every year in Tanszania on safari, plus does a lot of other hunting. In fact, some of the Dubai princes love hunting so much that they won the bid for the lease on Loliondo, which is one of the finest safari concessions in all of Africa. It is in northern Tanzania, right next to Serengeti National Park. After they won the lease bid, they turned it into their own private hunting concession.

At least these guys are NOT fanatical radical muslims. Imagine what they would do if they were, given how they've handled capitalism.

LAST EDITED ON May-15-08 AT 08:08PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-15-08 AT 07:33?PM (MST)

"Petrol and diesel prices across the UAE will rise by 30% from tomorrow. The action is to reduce mounting losses by distributors. The cheapest grade of petrol will increase from $1.30 to $1.71 a gallon. UAE fuel prices last rose in April 2004."

And another cost savings ..... where are you gunna drive in Dubai?

Post Script: Gas was $1.46 a gallon when dumb-dumb was elected by the supreme court

RUS

Geez Dallan,

We cannot even read this thread because Palm Island is so damn big!;-)

When a tsunami hits Democrats (Yikes!) will rebuild that POS for them!;-)

LAST EDITED ON May-16-08 AT 08:48PM (MST)[p]Okie Dokie ... I'm feeling much better now. How bout you CAnuts?

Too much time on my hands I guess!

RUS

We're cool!

Heck, I'm feeling great right about now. I was at a college baseball game and my nephew, who is a freshman catcher, hit a walk off grand slam with two out in the bottom of the 9th inning, to give Sacramento State a 9-8 win over Fresno State.

Rus, nothing could ruin my day about now! :D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom