I bought these tires!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
After having a set of LT285/75/16 Nitto terra grapplers on my rig for 6 1/2 years, i finally broke down and bought a new set of these Trail grapplers to replace them. looks like a bit more tire. Anybody running them, what say you?

6567nitto_trail.jpg

Joey

I had a set of 35s on a ford just point the truck in the direction you want to go and it would go! Only bad thing was going down the road it liked to wondered.

Thanks guys! Someone on another tire thread mentioned that his Nitto terra's wandered yet i've never noticed that in my rig. These are ordered and i should get them on in a week or so, we'll see.

Joey

TETRA, i saw on some offroad blogsites that the Micky's are awful popular on Jeeps! Neat looking tire!

I get very few Hiway miles so the noise shouldn't bother me too bad but we do have a lot of snow and ice. Back in the day, i used to get Armstrong True Tracks. Great tire for keeping from getting stuck but they only lasted about 10K and when newer, were VERY loud! :)

Joey

I looked at them everything I read as not to
Good...kinda cheap..went with ##### Cepeks Crushers at 300.00 each and ATX Ledge wheels I could bought a new quad..

These are CRUSHER made by Mickey Thompsom here in the USA..
I ran them on my jeep!

4381imagesca96vdcd.jpg

2682imagescatpmzff.jpg

Good deal Joey. Where you live, I think it's an ideal tire. There is no "perfect" year 'round tire, but those should work great for mostly what you drive in. You'll really appriciate them in the winter, which in reality, is about 6 months a year.(November to April)

Eel

Thanks Eel. All true! This area can be very demanding on tires. I did a lot of reading on the subject before i settled on this tire. I was mainly interested in cost vs. traction in assorted conditions vs. longevity. It didn't hurt my decision that my last set of Nittos lasted 6 1/2 years!

BTW, because there is still decent tread left on the 6 1/2 year old set, i'll be posting a ad in the classified forum in case someone might want a decent set of used tires at a good price. :)

Joey

GOOD GAWD sage!

You must get more Mileage out of a set of Tires than kilo does?

How often do you Rotate?:D

Every time I turn around I'm buyin Tires for something!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

No one is trying to set Land Speed records with OFF ROAD TIRES on hardass Asphalt doing 90 MPH.

1911 needs to give you a GOOD ticket that will cost you the price of two sets of tires....LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Bess, i don't really know how many miles because they were on that rig a year and a half before i bought the truck. I pretty much stay local with that rig, I may have put about 30K on them myself. I rotate every 5K if not sooner. As i said, these are fairly hard miles around here.

I could easy run the terra grapplers another 12 months, the rest of the year anyway, in decent weather but i want new meats on before Winter.

Joey

Hey kilo!

Quit wishin & sayin 1911 needs to.................!

I run in to one of 1911's buddies a couple weeks ago,wasn't perty,90 MPH,pfff................!

Just a little report on these tires. I've had them on since Monday and really like how they add to the looks of my rig. For those who commented about the noise, you really don't hear them or notice and hum whine or otherwise. Hard to believe but so far, they are no louder than my AT's were. All total, tires, shipping, balanced, and mounted, i got $1134. invested in these meats.

Must say though, they make my truck a little harder to steer. They seem to want to wander a bit and a guy has to pay attention to the road. I'm not used to this and wondering if it's a common deal with aggressive treads such as these? Would having some "front end" steering work "probably" make the truck track better? It's a 84 2500 4x4 GMC, well taken care of.

I love these tires but my old Trail Grappler Nitto's were easier to keep a straight line going down the road.

Joey

84 GM Trucks have a decent Front end under them,solid bar front end,sagina steering,etc!

If there ain't nothin loose,you better take the advice above and get use to the Wander,lol!

The Girls are gonna be lookin now sage!:D

Thanks Bessy, It ain't real bad but it's "different"! I seen a few dudes checking out them tires too but they best not be gettin interested in me! :)

If they keep me on the road when i have to get to service work this Winter, before the roads get plowed, then they'll earn their keep and be worth any inconvenience i may still only be imagining. I've yet to get them on any real good stretch of freeway.

Joey

Rugarm, Those are certainly great looking tires, nice looking rig!!

I see you and i are of the same school as to what a set of tires and rims should look like. Today after finishing a cabin job way out in the stix, i offered my helper a soda if he cared to stop at the gas mart type store on the corner here in town. Anyway, there was a newer chevy 4x4 getting fuel as we pulled in and i couldn't believe how little tire and how huge the rims were...not my cup a tea!

Maybe it's an acquired taste but i like lots of rubber between the rocks and my rims!

Joey

Just put a set on the F-350 seems to be a good tire and should be for the price. Kinda loud tho in my opinion. Super beefy!

Doesn't seem to be a bad price. How much to install them?

>Tacoman, just so everything that you
>read about this tire is
>not negative, try this link.
>Also, define "cheap". My tires
>cost $1034. for 4 delivered.
>To me, that certainly is
>not cheap. Congrats on your
>tire selection.
>
>http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showproduct.php?product=792
>
>Joey

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-11 AT 02:16PM (MST)[p]rettro, Kinda loud? wow, that blows me away, i can't hardly hear mine. Not just saying that to "pump up" these tires. Others have said they were loud as well, maybe they put mine on backwards or they will get more noise as they get older...

Compared to Toyo's, these are a steal of a deal IMO.

Edit; Feddoc from above, I bought the tires on-line with free shipping, $1034. no sales tax and paid a local tire guy to balance and put them on my existing rims, $100. cash for the set.

Joey

Yea compared to the Toyos that just came off the truck they are loud but also about $100 cheaper a tire. I do really like them and my stereo knob is in hands reach away.

Nitto is another division of toyo, you buy toyo you buy the name. That tire seems to be holding up well in the oilfields here in utah, if you want to see how well something holds up give it to a pumper and we can/will break it!

The new cooper st maxx has been a pretty good tire so far this year also. I've already got 6k on this set with more than half tread, the old S/T's were worn down to racing slicks by that mileage. If I get 15k out of a set of tires on my work truck its a great tire, a coworker got 19k out of these nitto mudders. Thats loaded down hauling ass on shale rock rough dirt roads..

The bfg KM2's have been lasting about 20k on my work truck, people running them on personal trucks consistently get 40-50k from them. But they are PRICEY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom