I am Uncle Buck today...m

TripleK

Long Time Member
Going to bat for my 6 year old daughter today. I'm beyond mad at a teacher (from freakin' ALTAMONT no less...lol) and I feel JUST like this. Esp. the part where he is talking about a GOOD KID.

BE NICE NOW, YOU CAN CATCH MORE FLIES HONEY....THAN YOU CAN WITH VINEGAR. OH...ANOTHER GOOD TIP.....KILL EM WITH KINDNESS.......YD.

>
> BE NICE NOW,
>YOU CAN CATCH MORE FLIES
>HONEY....THAN YOU CAN WITH VINEGAR.
> OH...ANOTHER GOOD TIP.....KILL
>EM WITH KINDNESS.......YD.

Screw that! SHe messed with my baby! She is LYING and getting away with it and I'm not going to let her give my kid a label she doesn't deserve.

This is just not one of those Mrs. Nice-Guy situations.

TK;
Sometimes you got to do what you got to do to protect your kids when you know your kid is in the right. Good luck and don't let them see your backside until you said your piece.

RELH

You need to march right down to that school and try and get her fired! Well, she won't get fired but she will have learned a lesson and will then treat your kid with the utmost respect and love! Just like when a similar situation happened to me when I took 3rd place in the Central Elementary spelling bee (the only 4th grader to even get out of the first round against two 5th graders!) and the teacher that had beaten my headd against the brick wall and had scratched my chest just a few months earlier and mom tried to get her fired for it gave me a teddy bear as a guilty "consolation" prize. (I will never forget that fake smile either - I knew what she tought of me for sure, though she really was sorry!)

Remember though that sis in law works there too, is her teacher and whatever sh(i)t-storm you brew will come back around to you!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Here is your button...

473c714877bea707.jpg

473c717a78ad65c6.jpg

Maybe you should wear this one when you see her..
473c71ca7ae2e9f2.jpg

Sometimes it's best to take a breath or two and not go in to action when you are really mad. Don't know the circumstances but most of the time when I was raising my kids and got angry about something if I waited a while and cooled down I could see things differently. Not always! Just make sure you're 100% right, cool and thinking clearly and go for it.

> CAREFUL
>NOW......THAT TEACHER MIGHT HAVE A
> CAN OF "WUPP ASS"
> IN HER DESK.....YD.

Pshaw! She's five feet tall. I've jumped over and thrown people bigger than her out of my way just to get IN a fight. I ain't skairt! lol

I am going to speak with her and the acting principal again today though. The biggest concern I have is, she is the only 2nd grade teacher and that is who my daughter will have next year. So, I am looking into a new charter school that is opening up here.

You have to strike when the irons hot when forging steel not when working out a relationship that may affect her child.

VERY TRUE.....COOLER HEADS NEED TO PREVAIL...THIS CHILD RELATED SITUATION IS NO TIME FOR A "BULL IN A CHINA SHOP" APPROACH........YD.

I bet you would like some sage advice from an old school teacher. Sorry I fresh out of advice, however I would ask her to submit the incident in writing.
driftersifter
P.S> inf you P. M. me with the whole story I may help you approach the situation without long term detrimental effects to your childs future in that school or your relationship with that school system.

>So how did it go TK
>??????
>
>
I was so busy I didn't get the chance to talk to them yesterday. I'm alot calmer than I was, but I'm still really angry. I am having a hard time with this. I have a really bad, hateful feeling towards this woman. I'm sure that if I had talked to her in person the other day I would have laid her out.

TK I to have problems with many teachers. I have been one for 30 years. Understand teachers in general survive in one of two ways 1. They are very good and the community doesn't want to take the chance of loosing one who is perceived to have good ability to teach and relate to kids. 2. They kiss #### and the principal is to lazy or flattered to do his job. Not knowing the specific's of your complaint I'll just give you one thought. From what I read on here you're smarter than almost all elementary teachers I've met. Use what you've got your brain to come out on top in this conflict, Best of luck!

> From
>what I read on here
>you're smarter than almost all
>elementary teachers I've met.
>Use what you've got your
>brain to come out on
>top in this conflict,
>Best of luck!

Thanks, Husker...I appreciate that. Good advice. I declined a conference with them and enrolled my daughter in a new school for next year. I won't make a big stink about it anymore, but I won't have my daughter in her class next year. No way.

Jenn

Good decision in the long run it won't make that much difference your kids will suceed because you care that they do. My son & daughter had two elementery teachers that I belive were probably clinically insane and one who was just plain mean. They survived and learned that unpleasant crazy people exist learn to deal with it. I know that's probably to rough for a six year old. My son is a Geophysicist and my daughter works at Cabela's corporate,so it's been a long time and yes they still remember the crazy or mean teacher from elementary but they learned that's how life is. Some people aren't good or honest or even nice. Dang sounds a little like the crowd on MM (lol). Best of luck, with mom watching out for her she's going to do well, only problem is your husband better get a big stick to fight the boys off because she is cute.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom