Hunting Wolves

N

NDBOWHUNTER

I'm looking to give it a shot before the season closes March 31. I'll probably be in the Sawtooth zone, but I just wanted to see what has worked for those of you that have given it a shot. I've heard coyote calls, but what type? Howling, distress, barking...ect. Any help would be appreciated to get me on the right path. Also, if anyone knows where I would have a good shot at one feel free to shoot me a pm.
Thanks. ND

Check out a thread titled #32 on this Idaho forum.
I have been hitting the sawtooth zone pretty hard lately,Pretty tough to get to far off the hwy without a snowmachine,aleast where i have been looking.. Had a guy tell me that unit 39 is crawling with em but i haven't made it over there yet..
Good luck......

I made the mistake of not buying a tag thinking i wouldnt see any but i saw two within 20 yards of a buddy of mine and i and tons of sign on the border unit 43-44. but that was in sept.

I ran into a guy while i was shed hunting in unit 39 and he said he has been seeing lots of tracks and even a couple wolves out of range but you might give that a try.

I plan on going back up to the border of 43-44 this next year. around 9300ft is where i was and there was sign everywhere and if i was smart, i could have bagged one

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom